Spotting and cramps past ovulation

(25 Posts)
EMHW123 Mon 13-Mar-17 09:50:14

Hi all,

There was another thread with a similar topic but no one has replied and if I'm honest I'm getting a bit worried.

I've had cramps/stitch feeling-it's not really painful just very noticeable and also on off spotting pink and brown since ovulation 10days ago-I've ovulated early in a 31day cycle and not sure what's going on and I'm starting to worry.

Is anyone had anything similar?

Thanks xxx

WelshMammy123 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:24:17

Hi,

Sorry you're feeling worried. What exactly are you worrying about? Do you think something might be wrong?

It's impossible for anyone to know 100% what's going on. It could be implantation and the cramping and spotting are down to that or it could just be one of those odd things our bodies do! Did you say you're 10dpo? Have you done a test? I know it's still a bit early though.

For what it's worth in all my pregnancies cramping has been a very early sign for me along with night sweats and a general feeling of things not being 'right'. I've never had any implantation bleeding but know some do.

Are you TTC number 1? Xx

EMHW123 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:32:08

@WelshMammy123 thanks for replying, I know it's silly but ive had issues in the past with my cervix that wasn't pleasant and I think the unpredictability of this spotting is just a reminder.

Cycle 6 of ttc numero uno! Hence the over reaction.

Was planning on waiting until a week today to test but may do sooner.

Bizarrely I've been very warm at night and just put it down to the change in weather, which It may be.

Hope all is well with your ttc journey. xxx

Alibaba2 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:32:55

Hello,

I've never had implantation bleeding but I have had implantation cramps around 9dpo.

I do get spotting before my period - occasionally as early as 10dpo.

It's hard not knowing which one it is!

EMHW123 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:34:37

@Alibaba2 I know! When are you due to test?!

Alibaba2 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:37:12

I'm 9dpo today and feeling very anxious about this week.

I think I had a CP last month so I feel that it's been close.

So you're 10dpo? When did the spotting start?

EMHW123 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:40:22

It's been on and off since last Wednesday, so have the cramps, worse over the last 24hrs.

Not actually painful just noticeable and niggly!

At first I thought it could be implantation but now not sure. Something and nothing I suppose.

Think if I can make it to Saturday and test then I'll be happier.

Is this your first?! smile

WelshMammy123 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:41:48

Aw I see - totally understand why you might be concerned if you've had those problems in the past. Assuming nothing's irritated your cervix then perhaps it's a sign of good news rather than anything else! Cramping for me has always been a sign of pregnancy as I mentioned so fingers crossed!

With my dd I was 8 weeks pregnant before I realised as had cramps all the time which I thought were a sign of AF arriving. Ironic really as it took us 3.5 years to conceive her - I'd never have thought I would be someone who didn't find out till later!

We're ttc2 at the moment - cycle 4. Lost two babies last year so hoping this year is a happier one for us. I'm 13 dpo at the moment so we'll see.....xx

EMHW123 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:48:20

@WelshMammy123 congrats on your DD, although I'm sorry for your losses, can't even imagine... and I'm worried about a bit of spotting. Thanks for your lovely reassuring words.

I've got my fingers tightly crossed for you! Are you waiting until you are late?! smile xxx

WelshMammy123 Mon 13-Mar-17 11:00:11

Well I've just recounted and I'm 11 dpo rather than 13! I did test at 9 dpo as was out for a night out where I knew I'd be having a few drinks. Bfn obviously. I've had a bit of cramping, am hot at night and feeling a bit sick so I am thinking 'am I?' But in truth I do that every month!! Although I have been marginally less obsessed this month I think.

My Ovia app says to test tomorrow so I think I will do. I'm rubbish at waiting. I don't have a lot of confidence that I'll manage to fall pregnant after it taking so long with my dd. With my two pregnancies last year I thought they were miracles because it happened quickly but sadly neither were meant to be. Now I feel like I'm gearing up for another long wait x

EMHW123 Mon 13-Mar-17 11:07:40

@WelshMammy123 I'm the same, although last month had no symptoms and was 2days late with period. Month previous was similar to this but less pronounced cramping and spotting. Think I had a chemical.

I think our bodies just do this to poss us off! My DP must think I'm off my head! Poor guy!

Your symptoms certainly sound positive! Fingers crossed for tomo! Have got a frer? xxx

Alibaba2 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:16:51

So the spotting started around 5dpo? Is it like brown discharge when you wipe (sorry for tmi)! I presume you don't normally get spotting then?

I've had cramps since Saturday but I get them regardless of whether I am pg or not so it doesn't mean anything.

I'm ttc#3.

See how you feel in a couple of days.

Good luck to you too Welsh and sorry for your losses x

EMHW123 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:21:28

@Alibaba2 yeah 5dpo, its fluctuated between pink and brown. Only when I wipe.

Will see how the week goes! Luckily I'm busy with work tomorrow onwards!

Thanks for being lovely! Fingers crossed for you too xxx

Alibaba2 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:05:19

How are you both getting on?

I had a tiny blob of brown discharge yesterday so that normally means AF is coming. Plus I can feel my ovaries starting to gear up for the next cycle sad

Hope you two are having more success!

EMHW123 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:29:22

@Alibaba2 shit! Bleeding again-spotting. Not sure what my body is doing as not due Aunt Flo for a week! 😭

Are you sure your is on the way? Xx

mummabear30 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:43:09

Sorry fort I'd join on the post I'm about 2 dpo and in the 2ww.... any advise to get me through due af the 27th round about

WelshMammy123 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:56:52

Not great here to be honest. Tested yesterday as per my ovia app - bfn - and then AF turned up about an hour afterwards - 3 days early. So a pretty disastrous month this month!

I'm feeling a bit deflated. Just wondering if it'll ever happen to be honest. I know I'm really lucky as I have dd and for a long time we didn't think we'd manage to have her.....but it's still hard when the yearning for a baby is strong.

Fingers crossed AF stays away for you both xx

Alibaba2 Wed 15-Mar-17 18:04:18

That's how I'm feeling Welsh and AF isn't even due until Sunday! Normally I just feel depressed when AF arrives, let alone 5 days before!

It's hard to pick ourselves up when our hopes are high. But in a few days, you will be feeling positive again. The build-up to ovulation is the most positive time.

Not sure I can find any positivity in me at the moment.

Good luck Mumma and EM!

EMHW123 Thu 16-Mar-17 10:13:29

@WelshMammy123 I feel for you, my period has just arrived a week early!! I've gone from 31 day cycle to 23 days. Just called my gp and made an appointment for 10days time.

Rather stressed and unhappy right now.

@Alibaba2 good luck girl I've a good feeling for you xxx

Alibaba2 Thu 16-Mar-17 10:20:47

Something in the air it seems...

I did a FRER this morning and BFN at 12dpo so I'm definitely out too. I'm gutted but knew on Tuesday after the tiny bit of spotting. I'm relieved that I can move on though rather than keeping my hopes up for another few days.

It does feel for me that it's not going to happen. And I need to get my head around that.

Sorry the witch got you EM. Are you sure of when you ovulated?

EMHW123 Thu 16-Mar-17 10:28:59

@Alibaba2 oh no sad sorry Hun, although you never know until she fully arrives in all her glory 😫

Was tracking ovulation and got positives on cd10/11 then nothing after.

I think my hormones aren't right.... gp will tell me more hopefully.

Hugs all xxx

Alibaba2 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:00:40

How long is your luteal phase normally?

Hope you get to the bottom of it or that it's just a blip.

Good luck! x

mummabear30 Thu 16-Mar-17 17:25:26

When would you say I would start to get possible symptoms of implantation only 3dpo but just have no hope sad

Alibaba2 Fri 17-Mar-17 12:28:40

Hi Mumma,

I think implantation is most likely to happen around 9-10 dpo so that's when you would normally get symptoms.

mummabear30 Fri 17-Mar-17 14:45:36

Ok thankyou just given up hope for this month already

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now