Talk

Advanced search

3 months TTC & losing my mind.

(15 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Mon 13-Mar-17 09:18:09

So background... I came off the pill on Xmas and went onto a 34 day cycle with LH surge on CD 19, i didnt temp so i cant be sure it happened. Cycle 2 was 27 days with ovulation on CD 13 with a temp rise. Cycle 3 is now 20 days long with ovulation on CD 11/12 with temp rise on CD 13. BNF was given by a recent hospital visit and 2 days later a relative announces a surprise #2 baby ... And i feel like ive lost my sanity. I know three months aint long but i just have this feeling, had it for years actually, that something aint right. Never bothered me before as i didnt want kids but now, im googles best customer! Am i going crazy? How can i encourage my doctor to check everything out? Im getting a pelvic floor scan next week which im crapping myself for, its to check for cysts on my ovaries as i had a big one before (when on the pill) and PCOS runs in my family. I also suffer badly from UTIs and IBS which i think means my body is just not willing to cope with pregnancy? Oh help, happy monday!

OnNaturesCourse Mon 13-Mar-17 11:18:19

Dollygirl27 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:11:21

No help onnaturescourse but im clingy (barely) to my sanity... drs probably won't do checks till it's been a year of unsuccessful ttc although may be different for you, I don't know. I'm not holding out for much this month (I recently caved and started using the Ovia app to track my cycle) not charting temps etc (yet lol) but didnt dtd during my fertile window (the joys of shift work!). I'm on
cd 19
which cycle I've lost count
Ttc 1.
Fingers crossed you get the bfp we're all hoping for x

pinkdonkey Mon 13-Mar-17 12:16:34

I was like this, now 12 months ttc I've chilled out a lot, had to to maintain my sanity, sorry I know thats not especially helpful. If you are under 35 then Drs won't do tests till 12 months ttc over 35 its 6 months.

ShuttyTown Mon 13-Mar-17 13:17:18

I know it's hard but 3 months is hardly any time at all. It took me 2.5 years to conceive. Now that's hard. You doctor won't do any tests until you've been ttc for 12 months.

WelshMammy123 Mon 13-Mar-17 16:39:39

Hi,

I lost my sanity quite early on when TTC our dd! I dived straight in with temping, testing etc and on reflection now I think that increased my focus and in turn my anxiety. It took us 3.5 years, 3 iui's and one failed ivf before we conceived our dd naturally. We had all the tests and we were 'unexplained'. It just took us that long.

So I know it's hard but try and stay as relaxed and positive as you can. Easier said than done I know! Find whatever works for you to stop you obsessing and you might find the whole thing a bit more manageable. For me it was stopping all the testing etc but for some it will be to do the testing as it gives them confidence all is as it should be - different strokes and all that.

3 months isn't that long - despite feeling like a lifetime. Good luck x

SilverLilly Mon 13-Mar-17 18:13:14

What's the link with IBS? I've not heard of this, i'll be starting TTC in June.

OnNaturesCourse Mon 13-Mar-17 18:35:53

Thanks all. IBS doesn't affect it but when your body's not 100% it makes pregnancy harder. I've never kept well so I'm thinking it's gonna impact on my chance of conceiving naturally which is what I'll say to my doctor x

Joyofscreamingjoy Mon 13-Mar-17 18:48:52

My doctor wouldn't refer for tests until 12 months ttc (then there's the waiting list...)but she did do some simple blood tests at different times in cycle to check hormone levels which helped me as I felt a bit more proactive. I was ttc for 19 months

OnNaturesCourse Mon 13-Mar-17 22:14:51

Thanks Joy. Going to see how the scan goes and go from there. Ìm just worried sad

emvy Tue 14-Mar-17 18:02:28

My GP practice doesn't refer until 2 years ttc unsuccessfully. It's still very early days, try and relax, I know that's easier said than done. Also, I have IBS and fell pregnant within the first cycle of trying and have an irregular cycle where I don't even ovulate every month - IBS will be making no difference so don't let that stress you out on top. I also don't mean to gloat, I actually had a mmc diagnosed at 8 weeks and am consequently no longer pregnant so definitely not gloating, I just wanted to show you that IBS doesn't have any link to falling pregnant!

OnNaturesCourse Tue 14-Mar-17 18:06:36

Envy... Thank you, sorry to hear of your experience however. I've been advised that any health issue can reduce the body's regularity and therefore make things harder. I'm ovulating but not sure if it's every month, the LH surge is there but I've not been following the temp thing to check. I'm super impatient so my own worst enemy!

user1471496670 Tue 14-Mar-17 18:12:25

I have IBS. IBS does not affect fertility. You really don't need to be stressing only 3mths in (and I say that with complete understanding of how you feel) x

emvy Tue 14-Mar-17 18:13:30

Thank you. I guess that would make sense but I just didn't want you to be stressing about it that's all! Just eat the foods you know don't cause you problems and stick to the healthy stuff as much as possible! I get the impatient thing, it's difficult to not be. I also felt impatient to get to the 12 week scan when I fell pregnant and then it all ended very suddenly. It's taught me that the whole thing is a very long, exhausting and rocky waiting game. I hope to fall pregnant quickly once I'm physically and emotionally over my mc so I'll probably be joining you on the obsession train in a couple of months but I've decided that I'm going to focus on me for a while - on who I am without ttc or pregnancy or babies because relying on falling pregnant to be happy is not healthy. I know it's easier said than done so I'll see how long it lasts! I hope you find a happy place in all of this and get your BFP soon smile

OnNaturesCourse Tue 14-Mar-17 18:43:51

Thank you. I have other ongoing health troubles too, so I think I just need to concentrate on me and hopefully things fall into place after that. Fingers crossed. Hope you are fully recovered soon Envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now