Talk

Advanced search

Dating my pregnancy

(10 Posts)
milaof1 Sun 12-Mar-17 13:14:22

Hello, I'm not sure if anyone can help. I have been reading threads like these for months now and was wondering if anyone could relate or shed some light.

I am 32 weeks pregnant, I'm not 100% sure when my LMP was.. I know I definitely had a heavy bleed on 2nd July 2016 but I can't remember how heavy or how long my period was in late July. I went on holiday and arrived back on the 29th Jan, had intercouse on 30th July and sure I at the very least spotted during the week after.

I separated from my partner in June, I'm sure we didn't have sex after 25th June but did see him on the 8th July.. because of the situation I guess I've just panicked about the whole thing and any accurately has gone out of the window.

I am doing all the right things getting ready for baby, and enjoy feeling her kick during the evening but in the back of my mind I am so afraid to give birth as she may not be the baby I thought she was, what if my ex is the father? I've visited the conception calculators almost on a weekly basis.

Can anyone relate or have some advice?

EdenX Sun 12-Mar-17 13:15:48

Did you not have a dating scan?

milaof1 Sun 12-Mar-17 13:21:29

Yes, I which shows due date of 3rd May

EdenX Sun 12-Mar-17 13:48:27

So count back 38 weeks from your due date to get the conception date - I make it around 10th August. I think the dating scan has a 5 day margin for error so let's say you conceived between 5th-15th August.

Emma2803 Sun 12-Mar-17 13:57:06

Was the person you had sex with on the 30th July your ex partner or someone else?

Going by your due date you would have conceived on 10th August (give or take a few days as dates are not always 100% accurate) also sperm can survive in a woman's body for 5-7 days after intercourse until an egg is released and conception can occur.

If the last time you had any sexual contact with your ex was end of June start of July then baby is definitely not his.

If you had sex with someone else end of July start of August and the person who you had sex with on 30th July was your ex then it's too close to say who father is without dna tests I would say.

McBaby Sun 12-Mar-17 14:04:05

I'm due 8th may and nearly 32 weeks and conceived 12-19th august.

I would say July is way to early to have conceived if your due at the start of may.

But the only way to give you total piece of mind will be a DNA test.

milaof1 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:08:20

Hello,

Thank you for your messages. No I did not sleep with my ex at the end of July at all.

milaof1 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:11:51

My new partner was from mid July onwards.. I guess when I calculate it and look at the calendar month it seems as shorter gap than it did at the time, if that makes sense.

Thank you again x

Emma2803 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:23:28

Then I would say definitely your new partners! Congratulations!!

milaof1 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:56:09

Thank you Emma2803

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now