Talk

Advanced search

Waiting to TTC

(27 Posts)
Mrsgraham88 Sun 12-Mar-17 08:42:22

Im not really sure if this is the right place to post this but I was wondering if anyone else is planning on TTC later on this year? My hubby has finally agreed we can start trying for baby no 3 but only once we've been on holiday in October as he doesn't want me to be pregnant while we are there (long haul flights/fast rides!) I do agree but I'm so desperate to start trying now!! Is anyone else in a similar position? 😊

physicskate Sun 12-Mar-17 09:14:23

Well it took me a year to get my bfp... maybe just wait until you wouldn't be too far along to fly? I'm sure you know that it happens when it happens and not always when you plan for it!

Mrsgraham88 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:24:58

That's what I'm trying to convince him to do, I have fallen very quickly with my other 2 but it's different each time so I figured if we start trying around May time even if I did fall straight away then I'd still be fine to fly, plus our eldest DD doesn't like fast rides anyway so I can sit with her! 😃

MrsMarmite1234 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:03:08

Me! In the same boat with having to wait until after holidays too. Pesky Zika virus has a lot to answer for smile

Mrsgraham88 Sun 12-Mar-17 14:34:25

I believe Florida is clear now but your right it's not worth the risk! When do you go away? We go in October so can start TTC after that!

MrsMarmite1234 Sun 12-Mar-17 20:56:46

Definitely not worth the risk! We go in May so the 6 months isn't up until the end of November. I've been looking into Zika testing but not sure if it's worth it given how expensive it is! It's driving me insane having to wait, it seems like forever but I'm sure it'll fly round for us flowers

Mrsgraham88 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:52:02

I'm tempted to pay for the test because if you don't have it you can safely conceive 28 days after the holiday but if you have had it then they advise waiting 6 months. I'm being very unreasonably impatient 😂

HbH04 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:57:22

DH & i had the test recently after going to Thailand in Jan. It was pricey (£327) but completely worth it for peace of mind & the alternative, which was waiting 6 months, which is the current guidelines.

MrsMarmite1234 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:48:51

Was that the cost for both of you HbH or each if you don't mind me asking? Did you need to wait set amount of time after returning before you could have it done? Not cheap but it's not as pricey as some of the quotes I've seen.

MrsMarmite1234 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:49:40

Posted too soon...meant to add that this might be an option at that cost grin

SplodgeBear1988 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:55:45

Me, I'm just dropping off some medications then have to be off them for 3 months before I can TTC so looking like September start date for us.

Mrsgraham88 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:19:51

I think for peace of mind it's worth paying if you can afford to, i don't actually think there have been any cases in Orlando it seems to be a bit hazy on information when looking it up but I'd rather have the test for peace of mind

Mrsgraham88 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:20:41

Looks like we will all be TTC around the same time! 😊

HbH04 Mon 13-Mar-17 07:56:13

marmite That was the cost all in - the two blood tests & the joint consultation where they take the blood.

You have to wait 21 days after exposure.

It was at the London Doctors Clinic. I live a bit out of London but they have quite a few so we just picked one walking distance from the train station and did a quick in and out! Dr was friendly & knowledgeable & results came within a week by email... so all in all, it took a month rather than 6, and that was definitely worth £327 to us!

MrsMarmite1234 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:30:37

That's much more reasonable than I thought, I was under the impression it'd be about that each! Good to know 👍🏻

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:34:49

Hi, Mrsgraham88, we are in exactly the same position as you are, except we are ttc #4. We go to Cuba in October so the plan is to ttc when we return!!!!

SilverLilly Mon 13-Mar-17 19:12:51

We went to Mexico last December and have to wait 6 months so starting TTC in June due to zika. Don't mind waiting really, it's nice to have the time to get my head around it all. I've also come off the pill now to give my body time to settle.

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 13-Mar-17 19:19:14

I don't know a lot about it, why do you need to wait 6 months? X

HbH04 Mon 13-Mar-17 19:22:16

Hotpink They've found out that the zika virus can live in the male's sperm and then be sexually transmitted to the female during unprotected sex, hence why the guidelines have been extended.

SilverLilly Mon 13-Mar-17 19:30:02

I was surprised at waiting for 6 months, we were going to start TTC in January but my Doctor said we had to wait 6 months as the virus can live in the sperm for that long. We could have paid for tests but decided to wait.

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 13-Mar-17 19:30:30

Oh no 😕 we were planning on ttc in November!!!!!!! Xx

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:50:05

Thank you so much! Changing our holiday booking! X

HbH04 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:59:11

Have you changed country hotpink or brought it forward?

SilverLilly Mon 13-Mar-17 22:21:28

Oh sorry you're changing your holiday plans. Double check with the nhs website in case things have changed. You could try to avoid getting bitten and then get tested after your holiday, but if your partner had the virus you will have to wait the 6 months (i think there is no vaccine).

Hotpinkangel19 Tue 14-Mar-17 06:21:02

We had a talk tonight and we are changing destination. I'm one of those people mosquitoes love, and I always get bitten, so I don't think avoiding it will work! Really grateful to have found this thread, thank you so much! Now to choose a new holiday! Any suggestions??!!! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now