Talk

Advanced search

No period 6 months post pill

(5 Posts)
Happy03 Sun 12-Mar-17 05:33:27

Hi all

As the above says I've had no af since coming off the pill 6 months ago negative ovulation tests as well. What can my gp do for me?

Please help me sad ttc

countingdown2gin Sun 12-Mar-17 06:32:03

Hi happy I was exactly the same coming off the pill when TTC.

I would definitely go to the dr. From my experience I was given blood tests and an ultrasound. My thyroid levels were all over the place (but I have a long history of thyroid problems) and my scan showed polycystic ovaries. BUT it is also very normal for it to take a year for you to go back to a normaly cycle. Frustrating, but normal.

First step gp and see what they say. Good luck though! It's the not knowing what's going on which was most frustrating for me. flowers

cluelessinstyle Sun 12-Mar-17 06:41:59

I had similar issues. Was told by the doc to just wait as it can take up a year to come back. 8 months for me in the end.

Happy03 Sun 12-Mar-17 12:23:13

Thanks for your replies, I started on a drug called metaclopramide and I started leaking milk out my boobs a side effect of the drug I've stopped the drug to bring my prolactin levels down and bloods showed low fsh and lh levels probably because of the high prolactin but I still can't help but worry sad

Littleonek Sun 12-Mar-17 13:36:30

Ive not had a period for three months after stopping the pill. Someone told me to try the vitamin b12. If my period doesnt start this month I will give that a go.

You can still overlate without a period btw! I did the clear blue ovulation tests and it showed I was ovulating this month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now