Talk

Advanced search

TTC after 3 miscarriages- new tips

(8 Posts)
Angelwings01 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:37:55

Hi ladies. I've recently had my 3rd miscarriage. I'm looking for tips/rituals of what you do to endure a healthy pregnancy?

Ps I haven't yet had any testing. I'm going to doc on Monday. This last pregnancy, I took low dose(baby) aspirin but still resulted in miscarriage at 6w.

Xx

tiggykate Sun 12-Mar-17 21:20:21

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your mcs.

I've also had 3 mc and have seen Dr Shehata on the NHS. He advises everyone with recurrent mc to take 75mg of aspirin a day (at night), pregnacare plus or equivalent which contains Omega - 3, then an extra 2000iu vitamin D. (I've also been put on steroids and will get progesterone from bfp - but this was after the blood tests).

On top of this, I also take ubiquinol which is supposed to be good for making eggs healthy.

I've also joined slimming world and am trying to get back down to a healthy bmi by following a sensible diet (my weight has crept up having 3 miscarriages in a short period of time).

When I next get a bfp I have been told I'll get lots of tlc from my local EPU - and this alone is supposed to make a big difference in outcomes to pregnancy.

I'm also trying to keep chilled and take a what will be will be approach. I haven't done anything wrong to cause this and I can only do the best that I can do. I find reading all the positive stories online really helps here. It's surprisingly common to go through this and come out the other side.

Good luck xx

tiggykate Sun 12-Mar-17 21:23:02

ooh also - I've totally cut out caffeine and pretty much cut out alcohol. I've never been a big drinker so I don't feel like I'm missing out. However, the amount of caffeine I was drinking when work was getting too stressful was too much - so I just decided to cut it out. It's supposed to be safe to have a couple of cups a day but I don't miss it.

Angelwings01 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:36:45

Thanks so much for all your tips!

This last pregnancy I had been taking 75mg of aspirin but I was taking it in the morning, I will switch to night time. I have just ordered pregnacare Max which includes omega 3.

I will be referred now for tests hopefully. I have a funny feeling I'm low on the progesterone. So hopefully one of the first tests they do, is it a blood test?

I'm not a bit caffeine drinker, in terms of coffee. I used to be a diet cola-aholic! But stopped after BFP. I like an occasional drink but maybe only a glass of wine once a week, sometimes not even that often.

Thanks xxxxx

Angelwings01 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:37:56

@tiggykate I also follow slimming world but do have a healthy BMI . I think it's a great "diet" to ensure plenty fruit and veg. Xx

Rednailsandnaeknickers Sun 12-Mar-17 21:40:06

Up your zinc. Worked for me.

Angelwings01 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:41:09

@Rednailsandnaeknickers thanks for your advice. Will look into taking extra zinc xx

mistletoeprickles Mon 13-Mar-17 07:30:49

I too have had 3 miscarriages(all before 6 weeks).
I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant, the only difference this time is a progestrone pessary.
I don't have low progestrone but the consultant prescribed it as a "let's see if it makes a difference". I took them from BFP until 13 weeks.
Hope you get a sticky one soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now