Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC after 3 miscarriages- new tips

(8 Posts)
Angelwings01 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:37:55

Hi ladies. I've recently had my 3rd miscarriage. I'm looking for tips/rituals of what you do to endure a healthy pregnancy?

Ps I haven't yet had any testing. I'm going to doc on Monday. This last pregnancy, I took low dose(baby) aspirin but still resulted in miscarriage at 6w.

Xx

tiggykate Sun 12-Mar-17 21:20:21

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your mcs.

I've also had 3 mc and have seen Dr Shehata on the NHS. He advises everyone with recurrent mc to take 75mg of aspirin a day (at night), pregnacare plus or equivalent which contains Omega - 3, then an extra 2000iu vitamin D. (I've also been put on steroids and will get progesterone from bfp - but this was after the blood tests).

On top of this, I also take ubiquinol which is supposed to be good for making eggs healthy.

I've also joined slimming world and am trying to get back down to a healthy bmi by following a sensible diet (my weight has crept up having 3 miscarriages in a short period of time).

When I next get a bfp I have been told I'll get lots of tlc from my local EPU - and this alone is supposed to make a big difference in outcomes to pregnancy.

I'm also trying to keep chilled and take a what will be will be approach. I haven't done anything wrong to cause this and I can only do the best that I can do. I find reading all the positive stories online really helps here. It's surprisingly common to go through this and come out the other side.

Good luck xx

tiggykate Sun 12-Mar-17 21:23:02

ooh also - I've totally cut out caffeine and pretty much cut out alcohol. I've never been a big drinker so I don't feel like I'm missing out. However, the amount of caffeine I was drinking when work was getting too stressful was too much - so I just decided to cut it out. It's supposed to be safe to have a couple of cups a day but I don't miss it.

Angelwings01 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:36:45

Thanks so much for all your tips!

This last pregnancy I had been taking 75mg of aspirin but I was taking it in the morning, I will switch to night time. I have just ordered pregnacare Max which includes omega 3.

I will be referred now for tests hopefully. I have a funny feeling I'm low on the progesterone. So hopefully one of the first tests they do, is it a blood test?

I'm not a bit caffeine drinker, in terms of coffee. I used to be a diet cola-aholic! But stopped after BFP. I like an occasional drink but maybe only a glass of wine once a week, sometimes not even that often.

Thanks xxxxx

Angelwings01 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:37:56

@tiggykate I also follow slimming world but do have a healthy BMI . I think it's a great "diet" to ensure plenty fruit and veg. Xx

Rednailsandnaeknickers Sun 12-Mar-17 21:40:06

Up your zinc. Worked for me.

Angelwings01 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:41:09

@Rednailsandnaeknickers thanks for your advice. Will look into taking extra zinc xx

mistletoeprickles Mon 13-Mar-17 07:30:49

I too have had 3 miscarriages(all before 6 weeks).
I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant, the only difference this time is a progestrone pessary.
I don't have low progestrone but the consultant prescribed it as a "let's see if it makes a difference". I took them from BFP until 13 weeks.
Hope you get a sticky one soon flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: