Stopping pill on tuesday .......

(6 Posts)
Alikins01 Fri 10-Mar-17 18:41:16

Hi, im new here and a little nervous. Been with dh for 7 yrs - we have a daughter whos nearly 5 and now we've decided to try for baby number 2! Im excited and nervous at the same time - only took 6 weeks to conceive d1 any advice on conceiving 2nd time round? Or after microgynon30? Are we mad to do it again?

WantToGoingTo Fri 10-Mar-17 21:20:57

Hello!

I am two weeks off the pill so also new and also trying for numero two! My DS1 is 19m - little younger than your DD. Definitely not mad to do it again, in fact I'd say having a 5yr old probably better than a 2yr old! No nappies/potty training to worry about and she will understand more (and be in school while you are home with a newborn!) sounds like perfect timing to me!

I have also just come off minipill, Micronor - not sure if that is a bran name for microgynon? Anyway, I have just ovulated on CD15 (I came off pill when period came) so seems that my cycles haven't been altered at all. Fingers crossed yours are regular too!

Also took us only 6 weeks to conceive DS1, so I am hoping will be quick this time too but who knows as it is in nature's hands smile

WantToGoingTo Fri 10-Mar-17 21:21:48

P.S why Tuesday? Why not just throw caution to the wind and stop today grin

Alikins01 Mon 13-Mar-17 13:58:02

Decided to finish my current pack of pills as hope it will make it easier to work out cycles going forward. 2 more pills then we will be "trying" feels so exciting but scary too. smile

WantToGoingTo Mon 13-Mar-17 14:22:06

Keep me updated! Exciting times

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:32:47

Hi, I stopped my pill Cerazette 2 weeks ago! I ovulated over the weekend, on 1DPO today :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now