Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation Frustration!

(9 Posts)
tobermory29 Thu 09-Mar-17 11:46:22

If you have a regular 28/29 day cycle and the day 21 test shows you're ovulating, does that mean ovulation is occurring around day 14/15? Or if you ovulated on day 9 or 10 for example, would it still show on the day 21 test? Also, if it is the case of ovulation around day 14/15 would you expect a surge to be appearing with opks on day 13? Tried to search this before posting but couldn't find specifics to my situation :-)

WantToGoingTo Thu 09-Mar-17 12:10:03

If you ovulate on day 14 I'd expect a surge on an opk on either cd13 or cd14 depending on time. E.g. You could get a positive on an opk at 7am on cd14 and ovulate at 7pm on the same day. I'm not sure what you mean about cd21? If you have a positive opk on cd21 you are either ovulating late on that day, or if it is about 2 weeks since you did ovulate it may be indicating pregnancy as sometimes you can pee on an opk when pregnant and it shows as positive?

tobermory29 Thu 09-Mar-17 12:56:51

Hi WantTo, thanks for reply, by day 21 I meant the blood test the doctor does to check whether you are ovulating or not. Mine showed I was so that's why I wondered if that means you are def ovulating around cd 14/15, or if it means you could have ovulated at any point in the cycle but it would still show in the blood test at day 21.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 09-Mar-17 13:00:41

The test just shows you have ovulated but not exactly when. Are you using opks?

tobermory29 Thu 09-Mar-17 13:04:35

Thanks Wishiwas, so if you ovulated on cd9 for example it would still show on the day 21 test? Just started using them and I was expecting to see a surge as on cd 13/14 but they're very pale. Maybe I ovulate later than I thought.

WantToGoingTo Thu 09-Mar-17 13:22:53

I see, I didn't realise you were talking about a blood test! That makes much more sense now smile Yes perhaps you ovulate later than you think, there have been some cycles when I have ovulated at CD16-18 so you never know. Good news is you are ovulating though, just need to find out when!

BlueSpottyTiger Thu 09-Mar-17 15:52:54

With my dd i ovulated at cd 9 or 10 , however this cycle i have ovulated nearly a week later on cd15. I think you can ovulate at different times each cycle? And thats why opks are good to use... up until cd 15 this time i had faint lines on opk for about 4 days but they went really dark cd15.
Goodluck xx

tobermory29 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:52:42

Thank you Blue I'm not quite sure how it works as I poas after 2 pm today and there was a darker line than there's been all week, so I thought that was me building up to a really dark line tomorrow, but I just poas again just now and it's back to the faint line I've had all week! Why would it change so quickly? Any advice appreciated xx

tobermory29 Fri 10-Mar-17 09:43:27

Anyone? :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now