Talk

Advanced search

I think I'm having my 3rd chemical in 6 months :(

(18 Posts)
flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 08:53:00

I'm due my period tomorrow. We have been ttc for 17 months. I had a very faint positive on Tuesday (the pink test) and another faint one yesterday (the clearblue test)

I had a chemical pregnancy in September and again in January. Get a positive test for a few days and then period arrives a couple of days late. I feel like it's happening again sad I have really strong period cramps exactly like af about to start and wouldn't the rest have been darker yesterday if it was rising hcg?

I don't know when I ovulated as I didn't test but I always ovulate on cd 18/19/20 and I'm cd 32 now.

Anyone think theres any hope?

I am waiting for more tests to arrive in the post today x

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 09-Mar-17 08:57:55

I can see a line in the Clear Blue test.

Honest opinion? Don't test so early. I know how hard it is, but honestly there's a good reason why, in "ye olde days", women were not considered properly pregnant (for want of a better expression) until the end of the first trimester.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

ricecrispies16 Thu 09-Mar-17 09:02:17

Just searched your post since you mentioned it on my post. I think they are positive. I had a chemical too in November.

flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 09:17:45

Thanks milk, I know I wish I had some self control but 17 months if trying has taken its toll on my patience blush

Ricecrispies im crossing my fingers for us both smile

Emma2803 Thu 09-Mar-17 09:39:35

I can definitely see lines, clearblue might not be as sensitive as the pink one so hard to compare darkness when they are different brands. Fingers crossed for you!!

flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 09:40:57

Thanks Emma

The clearblue is the early result and is the same sensitivity as the other one - nothing I can do but wait sad

jojopapabebe Thu 09-Mar-17 09:44:11

That's definitely a line op. I hope it works out this time thanks. A light period is not at all unusual in the first couple of months of pregnancy.

flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 09:48:34

Thank you xx

HazyDays81 Thu 09-Mar-17 10:17:17

Flossy, I have had 2 chemicals in the last 6 months (also the same months as you - Sept & Jan). I can definitely see the lines on both tests. Really hope this time is all ok for you. I'm know it's hard not to worry though x

ricecrispies16 Thu 09-Mar-17 10:24:19

Have your tests arrived yet?!x

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 09-Mar-17 10:27:48

I had 3 last year. . Promised myself no more early testing. . They are so shitty - playing games with our emotions.
flowers

sleepyhead Thu 09-Mar-17 10:40:38

IME, the symptoms of early pregnancy are exactly the same as the symptoms some people get before their period arrives. It's just one of the ways that nature messes with your head if you obsess over the ttc process (like so many of us do).

I don't think you can divine anything about the likely success of a pregnancy by comparing tests, particularly tests from different brands with different dyes, but you have a + test so yes there is hope - there is always hope until AF arrives smile.

Anecdote to pass the time: When ttc ds2 (which took 3 long years) we had decided that when I turned 40 we'd just have to draw a line under it and try to accept that it wasn't going to happen.

The month of my 40th birthday I was so down. AF due, spots, cramping, feeling shitty just like I had every month for the last 40 odd we'd been trying. I was actually a couple of days late when I tested but that was no big deal - I'd been 2 weeks late before with nothing to show for it.

I actually put off testing because a negative would mean the end of the road and I couldn't bear it. I finally took the plunge 3 days after my birthday, cramping, spotty, premenstrual as hell. Ds2 arrived c8 months later smile.

flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 10:47:01

Sleepyhead that's a lovely story!! We actually haven't "tried" this month and tried to relax and I didn't use opks and we only dtd once around ov time, but I've felt the same excitement leading up to my period because I thought it might work this month due to the relaxed attitude!

All I can do is wait for these damn tests to arrive confused

flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 12:14:05

Tests arrived and negative so I'm out sad

PrimeraVez Thu 09-Mar-17 12:27:11

Sorry to hear that sad I had a chemical in January (BFP then AF arrived on time 3 days later) and another last month as well. For the second one, I'm trying to convince myself that it was a false positive/evap as the line never got very dark. I don't think I can face the thought of two in a row. sad

flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 12:29:09

It's horrible isn't it sad

I think the other poster is right, I need to stop posting before af is due! I just don't have the self control I'm terribly impatient!

I'm starting letrozole/femara on cd 3 so I just want my period to start now! Hopefully this helps. I hope you get your bfp soon xxx

Roseandbee Thu 09-Mar-17 14:19:21

Sorry flossy. I hope next cycle is your sticky bean flowers

flossyfloss Thu 09-Mar-17 16:55:55

Thank you rose. Af got me an hour ago! At least now I know I can start the fertility drugs on Saturday smile fingers crossed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now