Talk

Advanced search

First response query

(11 Posts)
Sazwest Tue 07-Mar-17 19:50:59

Hey guys I'm just wondering what's the difference between these first response pregnancy tests I have been buying the ones from Asda and it doesn't say that u can test 6 days early on them. Would that make a difference if I'm only 10dpo today.

I feel pregnant I feel like I did when I was pregnant ( with my last 3) I've felt and also been sick and I'm so bloated it's unreal but the Asda fr are coming out negative

I put pic of Asda one and the 6 day sooner one xx

Kathrino Tue 07-Mar-17 20:00:19

Have you been buying rapid response or early response? The former are not at all sensitive and won't pick up anything until after you've missed your period (and even then, may not show anything for a few days). The only early response ones are the ones you can test with before your period. I'd be amazed if rapid response picked up anything at 10 DPO - they're about ten times less sensitive than the early response ones. Good luck!

Sazwest Tue 07-Mar-17 20:12:00

The one in the picture I have been using 😢😢 xx

Kathrino Tue 07-Mar-17 20:13:11

That looks like a rapid response. Definitely see if you can get hold of an early response or wait a week or so before you test again. It's an easy mistake to make (speaking from experience...)

Sazwest Tue 07-Mar-17 20:16:16

I'm gutted I've been taking them since been 8dpo coz that's when I've been feeling rally sicky and bloated and they have all been negative, no bloody wonder lol.

I will go out tommorw and buy the 6 days early one. I'm due AF on 11th x

jaffacakes16 Wed 08-Mar-17 08:24:16

I was gonna post about this today. I accidentally bought these and they're terrible. There's a line on them before you've even pee'd which looks exactly the same as a positive on the frer

Sazwest Wed 08-Mar-17 08:34:46

@jaffacakes16 I will never buy these again I'm off to Superdrug to buy there own brand they check from 10mui xx

Writerwannabe83 Wed 08-Mar-17 08:36:58

I was once accidentally using First Response thinking they were the same as the Early Response.

With my current pregnancy I didn't get a BFP until the day my period was due using the First Response and even then the line was really faint.

jaffacakes16 Wed 08-Mar-17 08:42:30

Saz are the Superdrug ones pink dye? I've not used them yet but need an alternative for frer which cost a fortune (when you impatiently waste them at ahem 7dpo)

Sazwest Wed 08-Mar-17 09:01:39

@jaffacakes16 I'm not sure lovely I will let u know later once I bought some and took one lol. Xx

QueenGiggles Thu 09-Mar-17 17:59:32

Yeah superdrugs are pink dye, I use those 1s

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now