Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Cycle day 98

(13 Posts)
randomacts Mon 06-Mar-17 23:01:34

Hi guys I really need help.

I'm at a loss of what to do. Me and husband have been TTC since May last year. I came off the mini pill cerazette I waited 6 weeks for a withdraw bleed. After that I was fairly regular 32-36 cd. Since October I've been irregular. It was coming to December and no period. Negative tests. Blood came back fine. I was given some hormone thing can't remember the name, to reset my body. I took the tablet for a day and it really affected my depression so I had to stop it. Short time later I had a period. A very light one. And haven't had one since. So I'm CD 98. I don't know if I'm ovulating etc I've just given up on TTC until my cycles are back. I had a test 6 weeks ago for my bloods regarding PCOS and came back clear. I'm starting to get concerned now. Still negative on pregnancy tests. How long do I give it until I see a doctor again? I know last time before I was given that hormone tablet they said to wait 6 months for a period and if it doesn't show to get back to them. And some other doctors are pointing the finger at my mental health. I do have anxiety and depression but I don't feel stressed. I'm not tracking anything at all just going with the flow. I don't know what to do. Everytime I go back to the dr I get pushed away like it's not a problem or told to stop being stressed as thats the problem and frankly I'm getting fed up of it. One dr suggested I go back on anti depressants to help my cycle get back to normal so I relax. I don't see the point. Can anyone help at all?

randomacts Tue 07-Mar-17 08:24:30

Any help?

randomacts Tue 07-Mar-17 17:16:46

Bump x

Bows85 Tue 07-Mar-17 18:27:13

Hi random,
Saw your post earlier today and again just now. Sorry no one has replied and sorry that I can't give you much advice either! I didn't want to read and run so thought I would post.
I'm sorry you're going through this hard time. TTC is a stressful old business, isn't it?! But coupled with existing anxiety it must be even more difficult.
Maybe if you had a friend/family member you could confide in in RL, that would help?
It's so easy to say, stop and relax...not so easy to do.
I would see your doc again. Explain your lengthy cycles and see if they can refer you to a gynaecologist or fertility clinic. Be firm with them...don't be fobbed off.
I'm going through something similar at the moment (lonnng cycles) but luckily have a really supportive GP who has referred me without any fuss. If you find a doctor who understands, I'm sure you'll get the answers you need.
Best of luck smileflowers

SpeckyB Tue 07-Mar-17 18:42:07

It sounds like your body hasn't got over the pill. I would go back to the doctor and explain things as you have done above. You don't sound overly anxious, just frustrated - as I am sure we all would be on CD98.

I was concerned my existing medical conditions might affect my ability to conceive so I paid for a private consultation at the Lindo Wing, of St Mary's hospital (London). It gave me the opportunity to explain my health conditions and the consultant told me what I needed to know about them in relation to falling pregnant. I think it cost £180 but it really helped me to feel in control and I felt it was money well spent.

randomacts Tue 07-Mar-17 22:53:30

Thank you both for your advice. I've tried to confide in others in RL but no one has been through the same with me as there's no fertility issues in my family at all. So I'm stumped. I feel like each time I go to the Dr I get fobbed off. I don't feel anxious just annoyed there's no answer to me being late. Is someone when "oh it's because of PCOS" I could understand, just don't like the doctor pointing the finger at my MH without even assessing it yet. I keep being told nothing can be done until we've been trying for a year which is in May. I've considered going private to be honest but didn't know where to turn for that

satsoooma Wed 08-Mar-17 10:19:56

Hi random. Your GP will likely tell you to TTC for a year before getting fertility treatment, but they absolutely should be helping you with your lack of periods, even if you weren't TTC.

It sounds like you have had an annovulatory cycle - that just means, you did not ovulate this cycle. It can just happen sometimes and does not necessarily mean it will happen again, especially if you do not have PCOS. Basically, ovulation causes a rise in progesterone levels, which then fall again if you don't get pregnant. It is this fall in progesterone levels which triggers a period. You did not ovulate, so you are sort of stuck, as you don't have that trigger.

This is where your GP should prescribe you some pills to mimic that fall in progesterone levels and induce a period, so that your body can get back into its usual cycle.There are several pills you can take to do this. If the one you had before made you sick, your GP should be able to try another.

Can you find another GP to talk to about this? Yours does not sound helpful.

randomacts Wed 08-Mar-17 12:10:51

Wow thank you! That was a really informative. I'm going to try another GP as at the moment I would like my periods to go back to normal as it doesn't feel right I haven't had a proper period since October last year technically. It doesn't feel healthy. I think the best course of action is for me to be put on a tablet to get everything going again x

satsoooma Wed 08-Mar-17 12:49:29

Also, don't worry too much if you can't find a pill that does not make your depression worse. Your body will likely get back on course eventually (I had a 200 day cycle last year!)

randomacts Wed 08-Mar-17 19:24:47

200 days! Must be a record lol. Did it eventually go back to normal then or did you have to take a pill?

countingdown2gin Wed 08-Mar-17 20:43:33

Hiya, I was in a similar position to you. I think I got to 135 days.

I ended up having an ultrasound which showed pcos. When your bloods were done was your thyroid tested as well? That was also another factor for me? I don't know if mine was a combination of things including coming off the pill but I was started on thyroid tablets and also metformin to help to regulate my cycles. It brought my cycles down to a regular (longer cycle)

Not sure if any of that is useful for you but wanted to let you know my experience as a bit of reassurance that it does happen. flowers

satsoooma Wed 08-Mar-17 20:55:37

Well I do have PCOS, but it seemed to sort itself out eventually. Getting to a healthy weight and exercising might have helped, not sure.

randomacts Wed 08-Mar-17 23:44:51

They tested everything apparently including my thyroid and for PCOS (thought blood test?) and everything was clear. It's just frustrating more than anything. I feel like we're not even trying for a child anymore as this has put a stop to things. I have no idea when I'm ovulating or even if I am! So I was hoping when i become regular again I will do an ovulation test x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: