Talk

Advanced search

Waiting for a call from doctor and dreading it

(6 Posts)
Foreverhopeful22 Mon 06-Mar-17 07:41:22

This morning my doctor is going to call with my bloods and swab results. I've had no period since 25th December. I've taken numerous tests and nothing all negative. Last week I phoned doctors and they said that the bloods were normal (that was the receptionist) then I get a call saying doctor wants to discuss results. I'm shitting myself.

I would love another baby. And I have a feeling that it's gonna be the start of menopause.....

I feel so stressed now. I wasn't stressed when they first started to slow down and stop but now I'm stressed beyond belief I'm 39. I have had cysts removed previously and don't have much left if it's another cyst as I already only have half an ovary and one Fallopian tube. Due to complications the rest was removed!

I'm waiting for an ultrasound date as well.

I'm so sad

NaturWilde Mon 06-Mar-17 10:48:39

Any news yet?

You're still young, at only 39, so the odds are still on your side.

The hard part is not knowing so I hope you get your answers today!

HCantThinkOfAUsername Mon 06-Mar-17 10:56:51

Thinking of you hope you get call soon flowers

ethelfleda Tue 07-Mar-17 07:09:27

OP did you get you call yesterday? Hope everything is OK x

Foreverhopeful22 Tue 07-Mar-17 08:38:52

Yes thank you I did, it was good news and bad news.

I had a very heavy period in December which lasted 9 days I was changing towels and tampons every hour. The doctor said that the bloods and swab show some markers which could indicate that it was a very early stage miscarriage possibly one or two weeks. I'm going to have an ultrasound when the appointment ever comes through.

I know this sounds strange but I'm relieved as I thought I was going to menopause. And I didn't know that I was pregnant. So I'm not upset I'm the complete opposite.

Obviously I would love another baby and it's sad that it didn't work but I know I can keep trying . Where as for the last two months I've been thinking that it's over.

She did say that it takes between 3 and 6 months to correct itself. And that if I get another unusually heavy period to go back. She also said that it happens a lot more often than women realise and that it goes unnoticed as we put it down to a heavy one. Which I can say is exactly what I did.

So I'm very relieved. I hope knowing reads this and thinks I'm being heartless because I'm not. It's difficult to explain feelings via text.

kirinm Tue 07-Mar-17 09:31:37

I totally understand. I'm the same age as you and every little change in my period is making me worry that I'll have an early menopause. Pleased for you that it's not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now