Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation question

(5 Posts)
Alicejj8x Sun 05-Mar-17 20:34:40

Hello ladies ..
jist wondered if you can help me. I've recently come off my period after having to take a tablet to regulate them as there 3 months apart!
Just wondering how I would go about working out when my ovulation date is? I do the ovulation sticks from Amazon the cheapies as my period can range between 90-100 days sometimes longer?!
Any help would be good thankyou

Alibaba2 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:55:58

Hello,

You can use the opk sticks plus an app like fertility friend but that involves temping every morning.

Once you get the temp rise, it can estimate your ov date.

Or once you get a positive opk, ov should happen within 1-2 days I think (mine happens same day).

Alicejj8x Sun 05-Mar-17 21:14:15

Thankyou smile
I have heard about the apps I have an app which tracks fertile days ovulation days and tracks periods to which I use a lot smile
I am just worrying I won't know / won't ovulate as my periods are every 3 months does that mean I'm not ovulating. It says I'm due to ovulate this Friday so I will start the opks again. I don't know if it would be worth calling a doctor and seeing if they can prescribe me a tablet for ovulation?

Alibaba2 Mon 06-Mar-17 06:57:33

Yes it might be worth seeing a doctor. Were your periods regular before? Did the doctor prescribe the tablet to regulate?

Alicejj8x Mon 06-Mar-17 07:12:35

My periods were regular before going on the pill in 2008! And then I came off in 2015 end of 2015 got pregnant straight away but unfortunately miscarried at 6 weeks. Since that my periods haven't been regular there every 3 months so he gave me a tablet a few weeks ago to help regulate them and I've just come off AF on Saturday xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now