Talk

Advanced search

Chances of a BFP when DTD on day of ovulation...

(5 Posts)
Bows85 Sat 04-Mar-17 20:30:29

I got a +ve OPK on Thurs (1/3) and then a stronger +ve yesterday evening (Friday 2/3).

DH has been away and only came back on Friday evening. We obvs DTD straight away...and again today (twice, just for good measure!).

There is a chance I have o'd today (especially as today's OPK had a strong colour, although was -ve), so Friday's deed could have been the day before o.

But my question is, if I o'd on Friday is there much of a chance I'll get my longed for BFP? Anyone get their BFP when she they only DTD on the day of o?

TIA smile

NameChange30 Sat 04-Mar-17 20:33:57

I think that statistically there is a 1/3 chance of conceiving if you have sex on the day of ovulation. And I think an egg can survive up to 24 hours after ovulation, so you do have a chance of conceiving the day after too.

No way of knowing of course until your period is due... good luck with the TWOT!

WelshMammy123 Sat 04-Mar-17 20:34:31

Yep I did so totally possible! The whole 'it only takes one' is definitely true. Sadly for us that pregnancy ended in a MMC but I still remember the shock I felt when my period didn't arrive that month when there was 'no way I could be pregnant as we only did it once'! Good luck xx

pinkdonkey Sat 04-Mar-17 22:24:54

I think statistically it depends on age. I thougt it was 1 in 4 under 30, 1 in 5 30-35 and less after that

Bows85 Sun 05-Mar-17 04:52:31

Thanks for the replies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now