Talk

Advanced search

Day after ovulation

(4 Posts)
catlover1987 Fri 03-Mar-17 18:57:32

Had positive opk yesterday and classic symptoms so pretty sure I have ovulated. We DTD last night but should we again tonight? Not sure how important the day after ovulation is. To be honest, I've had a crap day and not really feeling in the mood but thinking we probably should just to be sure.

plotisgone Fri 03-Mar-17 19:03:08

Sperm lives for up to around 7 days. Egg lives 1 day. As long as these two occurrences meet, you have done what you can. I used to use period diary app, tells you roughly when ovulation is due so you're not wasting tests, but also you can tell the few days beforehand so you can have sex loads then!! Good luck 😉

catlover1987 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:08:49

Thank you plotisgone. We DTD plenty before ovulation so think we've done all we can. Have been trying since Sep so just starting to get a bit fatigued by it all.

plotisgone Fri 03-Mar-17 19:28:13

Yes I imagine you are. If it helps, (I'm sure you've heard it before!) if you stop trying then it will happen. No science involved there, just the one that done the rounds with my family!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now