Talk

Advanced search

Conception with retained placenta

(1 Post)
Skitty6 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:56:51

My husband and I spent 5 years trying to conceive and after we finally got an IVF referral last February, I found out I was already 6 weeks pregnant. I was due in October but my son came 3 weeks early. I had a pretty horrendous labour. I was fully dilated for 2 hours and struggled to push him out (turns out he was nose up!). I tried to expel the placenta but couldn't, they have me the injection but it still didn't come, so they had to manually remove it from me. I bled for ten weeks post partum and went to the hospital for a scan (by then I was 4 months PP) which showed that I still had a 1.5cm piece of placenta left in me. I've been told they won't remove the placenta and will wait for my periods to do that. I'm now nearly 6 months PP and I'm worried that my periods (when they eventually start again) won't remove the placenta. My husband and I would love to conceive another child whilst I'm still quite fertile so that I'm not waiting another 5 years. If I conceive and the placenta still remains....what will happen? Has anyone every experienced this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now