Talk

Advanced search

Negative tests and bloods normal

(6 Posts)
Foreverhopeful22 Fri 03-Mar-17 08:25:22

Hi this is my first post , I literally just joined this morning after a friends advice..

I have not had a period since December and I have always had regular periods.

I have done so many tests and desperately would like another child. My doctor has done bloods and I've been told they are normal, whatever that means!!

I'm waiting for an ultrasound appointment.

I feel so sad and deflated. Has anyone had anything similar and found out they are pregnant I'm so hopeful!!!!!!!!

I know stress is not good for periods but up until the last two weeks I have now become stressed. I'm 39 and have one child already. When the period stopped I was under no stress and my weight is consistent .

I am not sure if this is the sort of question to ask but my friend said she has received lots of good advice and help from this site.

Foreverhopeful22 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:02:40

Anyone ?

WelshMammy123 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:19:06

Hi,

I'm not sure I have much by way of useful advice but after we went through ivf my period didn't return. When I saw the gp she recommended an ultrasound and said that it can sometimes be a cyst keeping progesterone levels high and that prevents af from arriving. Did your gp mention anything similar?

Your gp can prescribe something to bring on your period but guessing it's more important to find out the cause (if there is one) before resorting to that xx

WelshMammy123 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:21:41

Oh and actually in my case the reason my period hadn't returned after the ivf was that I fell pregnant immediately after the ivf failed. I was about 8 weeks before it occurred to me to do a test. So it is possible but I guess if you've done tests etc and they've come back negative and bloods haven't shown anything then it's perhaps a little more likely that something else might be going on xx

Foreverhopeful22 Fri 03-Mar-17 12:12:49

She hasn't mentioned anything she said an ultrasound will show better than bloods. She did a pelvic exam and said she couldn't feel anything enlarged . So I just got to wait for scan.

It's just driving me crazy

kirinm Fri 03-Mar-17 12:23:17

The blood test would've told you if you're pregnant. I don't mean to dash your hopes but I wouldn't anticipate a scan showing a pregnancy. When I had my ectopic and early miscarriages the only thing that confirmed pregnancy was a blood test. I was told HCG levels need to be around 1500/2000 for anything for a scan to show anything. A 'pregnant' blood test is positive when HCG levels are above 5.

I hope the scan helps establish the issue for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now