Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant

(19 Posts)
Sazwest Thu 02-Mar-17 23:15:09

hey all I need some help please if anyone can help my period arrived 17th feb 2017 and I had my copper coil removed on 21st feb 2017 whilst still on my period I finished my period the day after I had coil removed. I thought I was due to ovulate 1-6 march 2017 which is what I worked out on my calendar but I done ovulating sticks early and they showed i ovulated early anyways I have had sex the day before I got the coil taken out and up until Tuesday28th feb. For the last few days ive been getting on and off cramps which I have never had before and ive been feeling really sick and I'm really bloated which ive never had.

Could I have ovulated straight after my period like its saying and is it possible I could be pregnant??

I'm not sure when my next period will be due and when to take a pregnancy test

PLZ HELP

GreedyDuck Fri 03-Mar-17 07:48:06

Take a test about two weeks after you think you ovulated.

FaithAgain Fri 03-Mar-17 07:52:11

Yes, you could be pregnant. When we TTC'd I did ovulation sticks and temping and I often ovulated around cycle day 10/11. How regular are your periods? You need to test two weeks after you think you've ovulated as GreedyDuck (ha that's amusing, watching Sarah and Duck ATM!) suggests.

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 08:00:56

I can sometimes come on a week early.

This is the ovulation stick from Saturday just gone. When I thought I was ovulating 1-6 March. When I had my coil Removed on 21st the docs said to me as he removed it "you will fall pregnant straight away" can they tell by your cervix or is that me just wishful thinking. Just that mean I can test from 9th march xxx

INeedNewShoes Fri 03-Mar-17 08:03:55

If that's an OPK (ovulation test) it's negative. They're only positive when the test line is darker than the control line.

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 08:06:28

I done 5(u get 5 in the pack) over a few days and this is the only one were the line is like this the others u can just about see xxx

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Fri 03-Mar-17 08:14:18

OPKs aren't a case of 'a line is a line' like pregnancy tests. An OPK is only positive when the test line is darker than the control line. From your picture and what you say about the other tests I'd say none of them were positive x

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 08:16:56

Does that mean I've not ovulated?? The only day I didn't test last week was Thursday and Friday coz I didnt know I was ovulating. I'm wondering if I would have done a test If they would have been darker. I done one Wednesday which was 22nd and it was a very faint line xx

INeedNewShoes Fri 03-Mar-17 08:19:09

I think you should read the instructions for the tests carefully. Unless you fully understand how they work you're throwing money down the drain!

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 08:28:26

On that Saturday I had really bad ovulation cramps aswell xx

Redpony1 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:34:16

That OPK is definitely negative..

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 09:36:01

I'm thinking coz I didn't test the Thursday or Friday they would have been positive

HopingForALittleOne Fri 03-Mar-17 10:43:42

Saz wow I've seen your post on a few threads now. agree with others - from your picture I don't think you ovulated that day. I track mine each month Ive attached pic. Some ladies do go darker than my second line but I've tracked since October so know what to look for.

That's not to say you aren't pregnant - you just might not know as accurately how many days post ovulation. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

HopingForALittleOne Fri 03-Mar-17 10:45:18

Doh wrong pic

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 10:48:22

Yeh I think I might have ovulated either the Thursday or Friday when I didn't test xxx

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 10:49:40

I'm gonna wait till at least next Wednesday to test I'm due my period on 11th xx

bummymummy77 Fri 03-Mar-17 10:50:53

A much better way of telling than those tests which are so hit and miss if you don't do them exactly right is to chart your temperature. It's much more accurate and has shown me to be ovulating when I've missed it on tests.

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 10:52:24

How do I chart my temperature?? I've never done it before xx

bummymummy77 Fri 03-Mar-17 11:16:19

Buy a basal thermometer, they're more accurate, although you can use a normal one. It has to be one you put in your mouth though. Keep it by the bed, take your temp first thing you do when you wake, before you even get out of bed.

Write it down on a chart, fertility friend has a good app. The day after you ovulate you'll see a big rise in temp which will continue until you get your period. I don't even both with the tests anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now