Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help I'm desperate

(11 Posts)
Happy03 Thu 02-Mar-17 20:29:46

Hi there,

Desperately ttc with no avail as yet 4months since I came off cerezette, anybody else got experience of ttc after this pill. And any advice on what has worked for others?

Many thanks

ShuttyTown Thu 02-Mar-17 20:38:03

Four months is still very early. Have you had a withdrawal bleed yet?

It took me 2.5 years to conceive each of my children so 4 months really isn't long in the grand scheme of things

WelshMammy123 Thu 02-Mar-17 20:56:06

Totally understand your frustration - when you decide you want it to happen you want it to happen straight away! Like the previous poster it took us a long time after coming off the pill (but I don't think that's because of the pill - it was just one of those things). It took us 3.5 years to have our DD. No medical reason why it took us so long and I don't think it's typical to take that long but it's not always as instantaneous as we want it to be.

I can't remember the stats but I think depending on your age you only have something like a 20% chance of conceiving every month. I think most couples generally conceive within a year and other than making sure you're as healthy as possible, taking your folic acid etc, and DTD there's not much else you can do to hurry it along - but I know how frustrating it is! We're on cycle 4 TTC number 2 and it's already driving me up the wall! X

Happy03 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:49:57

Thank you guys, no withdrawal bleed or anything? Which is even more frustrating. Ovulation tests are always negative. I know 4 months isn't long I just worry there's a problem or some reason I can't have kids just paranoid something is wrong as I'm unlucky ☹️😂

WelshMammy123 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:53:14

Hi again,

Have you seen your GP yet? I know they can potentially give you something to start your period so perhaps worth exploring this option?

My periods returned to normal quite soon after coming off the pill as far as I remember - we just struggled to then catch pregnant.

Might be worth a chat with your gp xx

countingdown2gin Fri 03-Mar-17 22:08:59

It is still very early and it took my body 9 months to get into a regular cycle after coming off the pill (and a further 6 months to conceive) I went 6 months without a period. As hard as it is try to relax and think about making an appointment to see gp but be prepared they may say it takes a while to regulate a cycle after the pill.

Good luck. Ttc is horribly frustrating sadflowers

Happy03 Fri 03-Mar-17 23:28:30

Hi guys thank you for your responsss!smile I've seen the gp who said go back after 6 months and they'll do some bloods just to make sure frustrating much!sad. I wonder if taking my pill again for a couple of days will help at all?

countingdown2gin Sat 04-Mar-17 10:20:23

I wouldn't go back to taking your pill personally. It takes a long time to get the hormones out of your system I would just go cold turkey!!

ShuttyTown Sat 04-Mar-17 17:18:54

If your ovulation tests are never positive that's not a good sign. If you aren't ovulating your GP doesn't have to make you wait 6 months for tests. Go back and tell them you've never had a positive OPK

Redpony1 Mon 06-Mar-17 11:53:06

It is easy to miss the surge on an OPK though, have you had a period at all?

Happy03 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:26:30

Hi all no no period at all I had cramps for about a week but nothing not even a withdrawal bleed I'm getting mega worried admittedly I've not done opk every day but most days :/ I've had bloods done for LH and FSH need to get the results of those would that show if there was a problem ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now