Talk

Advanced search

Advice Please

(4 Posts)
LauraR85 Wed 01-Mar-17 19:49:08

Hi

We have been TTC and my period is now 3 weeks late, I've had 4 BFN tests. I went to the Drs today but she just dismissed me & said I would have to wait 3 months & then they would do some tests. Do you think it's just a missed period or could I be PG?

hmmhmm

Sarajandb Wed 01-Mar-17 20:00:38

wow ! 3 weeks late.. do you have any symptoms ? are you normally regular ? I would demand a blood test that would show up and confirm if you are pregnant.. Have you tried a clear blue .. if you are pregnant it could just be that the hormone isn't very strong but if your not then you still need to know why it hasn't arrived there could be an underlying issue. good luck

LauraR85 Wed 01-Mar-17 20:39:24

Thanks for the reply. The first BFN was a cheaply one but the last three were clear blue. I tried to demand a blood test today at the Drs but she was adamant that they do not due blood test for pregnancy as urine tests are so efficient angrymaybe I'll wait another week or two & try another Dr for their opinion. I've not been having many symptoms but with my 1st pregnancy (which wasn't planned) I never found out until 17 wks I was pregnant - didn't have many symptoms then either. I do feel pregnant but dunno if I'm just convincing myself confused

happybus28 Thu 02-Mar-17 08:15:36

I was having fairly regular periods until October 16 when they just stopped for no apparent reason...until last week when AF finally appeared. I wasn't pregnant, I had blood tests but not to show pregnancy they were to check my hormone levels which showed a hormone imbalance. The first few weeks drove me round the bend as I was convinced I was pregnant. Are your periods usually quite regular? Have you just come off the pill or any other hormonal contraception? They can have a effect if so. The GP didn't send me for the blood tests until AF was 8 weeks late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now