Talk

Advanced search

A little reassurance pretty please!

(3 Posts)
teaping Wed 01-Mar-17 14:31:00

I am sure I know the answer to this already, but I think I just want someone else to tell me to reassure me!

I'm on the pill, and am very careful to take it properly - I haven't missed any or been ill etc. I've just finished my week's break and am due to restart pills this evening. However; my period hasn't happened and I don't know why. It always arrives 4 days into my 7day break, without fail! In 15 years in taking the pill I haven't experienced this before.

I did a test yesterday morning (one of those super cheap amazon ones) and it was negative. Babies are very much on the agenda but not for a while yet - I'm getting married in a couple of months and honeymooning in a zika country...!

I know there are all sorts of reasons for not bleeding whilst on the pill but I just feel a bit nervous because it's never happened before! But I definitely can't be pregnant given the negative test, right?

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Wed 01-Mar-17 14:34:07

If you are diligent in taking the pill and you tested negative it's very unlikely, but I'm afraid no-one can tell you it's impossible. Wait a few days or a week and test again if your period hasn't come; if it's still negative, you could try talking to your GP, who could do a blood test to rule it out more conclusively.

teaping Wed 01-Mar-17 18:14:11

Thank you. Fingers crossed!! Feels ridiculous saying that when I know in about 9-12 months I'll be crossing my fingers for a positive result!! Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now