We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone starting FET cycle this month?

(5 Posts)
laughinglemons Wed 01-Mar-17 14:27:00

Hello. TTC#2. DD4.5 asked Santa for a sister so no pressure... We have one embryo 5AB. Will be defrosted and popped in later this month. Anyone in a similar position?

jimboenglish Wed 01-Mar-17 14:43:34

hi laughinglemons. We are starting FET soon. We had a little girl though IVF in 2014 who has also asked repeatedly for a little sister, also feeling the pressure smile We have 5 blastocysts left and an appointment to pick up the meds at our fertility clinic at the end of this month so most likely will be starting in April. I feel very nervous about it.
Have you started taking the meds? Not looking forward to the burselin again smile

laughinglemons Thu 02-Mar-17 18:01:35

Hello. Thanks for replying. I didn't realise that I'd have to take the burselin again! How naive is that! We tried IVF last year on the long protocol (i.e. Burselin) but we had to stop after a couple of weeks because the injections gave me a cyst on one of my ovaries. Our frozen embryo came from a second attempt this year on the shirt protocol. My meds are being sent to me on a Monday. I know I have to take something to stop ovulation so it's probably that... I am ridiculously hopefully even though am playing it cool and we only have 1 shot. 5 is brilliant. You must be delighted. How many did you get last time? We got 7 embryos but can only transfer 1 without genetic counselling as the other 6 have come back chromosomally abnormal (3) or mosaic (3). My period should start on Monday so think start meds on Wednesday.

Sweetdee6 Fri 24-Mar-17 11:50:15

Hi!

I am starting the FET cycle on Tuesday. Can anyone share experiences with the nasal spray and oestrogen pills???

We've got 2 little embabies waiting for us smile

Thanks!

Oysterbabe Fri 24-Mar-17 11:57:34

You might want to try the infertility board, lots of experience over there. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now