Talk

Advanced search

Please help me before I lose my mind

(6 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:52:00

I decided it would be a great idea to not use opk's obsessively this cycle as I wanted to stress less. It backfired majorly because now I'm stressing out even more. I have very regular 28 day cycles and tend to ovulate on or around cd15. I usually get my LH surge on cd14. So I decided that I would only take 2 opk's on both of those days. Except there was nothing. Barely a line on cd14 and no line on cd15. Now, I know it's not unheard of to miss a month of ovulation. However on cd13 I started getting my normal post-ovulation symptoms (tender boobs, bloating etc)

So I have 2 questions. Firstly, I had a period that only lasted one day last cycle (weird for me but lots of weird things happen and I've come to ignore them now lol) could this have resulted in me ovulating earlier than usual? Secondly, if I didn't ovulate this month, would I still be getting the usual symptoms I get around the time I would have ovulated as if I had ovulated? I realise I said "ovulated" a lot just then, apologies.

Anyway, if anyone has any answers, that would be amazing. And I'm going back to using opk's next month, who'da thought not using them would stress me out more?!

Sonnet18 Wed 01-Mar-17 05:50:04

You possibly ovulated on day 13 or perhaps even overnight so missed the surge on the opk. It's never exactly at the same time each month which is why you should use opks for about 5 days or not at all.
If you normally ovulate every month and you've just not really used the opks this month then I would say you have very very little to worry about.
Good luck!

Bubblegum89 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:02:05

Thank you! I hope you're right smile won't be making that mistake again that's for sure lol

RoseGoldHippie Wed 01-Mar-17 09:04:12

Hey bubblegum I was just wondering if you had taken a pregnancy test?

SleepFreeZone Wed 01-Mar-17 09:04:39

have you tried the Clearblue smiley face sticks? I really liked them and you couldn't get too obsessed like the line sticks (although be warned you sometimes don't get the static smiley face and yet can still be pregnant).

Bubblegum89 Wed 01-Mar-17 15:15:16

I have rosegoldhippie bfn I'm afraid sad

sleepfreezone I think I might try another cycle with the OPK's I've got left but the cycje after that I might move on to something a bit more high tech lol I can't temp as I'm a bad sleeper so can't be consistent so pretty much rely on OPK's (even though I know they can't tell you if you ovulated lol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now