Talk

Advanced search

Low blood results 😞 Clomid provera metformin

(3 Posts)
ShevMcG Mon 27-Feb-17 19:31:10

So I take metformin SR daily, and I'm currently on cycle 3 of provera to induce a period (severe PCOS) and then once the period hits I take clomid for 5 days (currently 100mg) and I've done 2 blood on day 21 and the results show that my progesterone is still really low, doctors now up'd my clomid by 50mg starting in my next cycle,

I'm just so downhearted right now, I have 3 more cycles until my husband goes away for 7 months and I just feel crap

ShevMcG Sun 05-Mar-17 08:58:24

Sorry meant blood tests on day 21

satsoooma Sun 05-Mar-17 13:10:12

Hi Shev. Sorry to hear that clomid isn't working at the current dose. Loads of women find that 1500mg is the magic number though, especially as you are pairing it with metformin.

We have a PCOS group where lots of people are on the same drugs/have similar issues: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2791363-PCOS-Periods-Provera-Pals-Plus-All-The-Bits-In-between

There is also another long-running PCOS thread over on the infertility boards, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now