Talk

Advanced search

Cramps continuing from ovulation?

(42 Posts)
irishlass1234 Mon 27-Feb-17 17:54:14

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had similar symptoms and ended with a BFP?

So I am pretty sure I ovulated last Thursday, and since then I have had cramps. They started at lower on one side and now are low and central. Fairly mild, but enough to regularly notice them.

I also have slightly sensitive breasts, but not as sore as I normally would get.

On Sat and Sun I had (sorry TMI) a lot of milky CM and a little today.

Anyone with any stories similar and how did it turn out? Thanks all smile

Jessiecat27 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:03:07

I'm exactly the same! Currently waiting too!

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:35:30

It's odd, isn't it?! Is this unusual for you too?
I normally have a bit of cramping around ovulation but the not much until AF time.

Jessiecat27 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:44:19

I never get any cramps or anything but I've never paid attention to ovulation before so maybe that's why? I've had so many symptoms this month so I'm keeping everything crossed! Wish our bodies were more obvious!

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:07:59

Is this your first time TTC?
It is for me. Been trying for 5 months now.

Yes. It does feel different for me this month. Hopefully.....!

Jessiecat27 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:14:10

It is yeah, only been ttc for two months properly without opk's or anything though because I feel i'll just get stressed with them! Have you been using anything to chart? Hopefully this is our month!

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:29:28

I used opk this last few months and I got positive on Thur. I also have been temping but I sometimes forget in the morn. There was a slight rise on Sat and it's stayed up since. It's just the cramps and lack of sore breasts that's confusing me! All the best for you!

Jessiecat27 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:07:22

Oh good luck! And I'll keep the thread updated! (:

Bubblegum89 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:10:00

I get this. It's so annoying lol I also get milky cm some cycles. My boobs are always sore after ovulation too sad Last cycle I cramped from ov day until the day before af which was pretty annoying. Other cycles I've cramped for the first week or so and just as it eases off, the af cramps start!

AmyB1986 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:15:13

I had cramps right from ovulation and got my bfp last month. It was worse than normal ovulation pain though. I had major back ache and like sciatic pain down my left leg. Never had that in previous pregnancies though.

irishlass1234 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:18:56

Ooohh, that's good news then, if you had cramps and it turned out to be BFP! Hope the pain in your leg eases up.

Yea, I would agree with the cramps being worse then usual ovulation pains, jus two constant. Never had them last 5 days before. In fact longer, as I had ovulation pains too. So nearer 7/8 days!

Don't mind if it'll end in BFP!

Did you get implantation bleeding then, before your BFP? As I'm assuming I'm experiencing implantation cramps?

AmyB1986 Mon 27-Feb-17 22:41:50

No I didn't have any bleeding just the cramps. Started to feel more and more bloated as the days went past.

The leg pain has gone now but I think it may have been something to do with implantation and some pressure hitting a nerve. 6+1 now and still have cramps

irishlass1234 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:05:02

My cramps have really ramped up today, 6 DPO. Does that mean anything, do you think?

It felt like short spasms earlier but very noticeable. Now bit more like AF cramps.

AmyB1986 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:45:36

That's exactly how mine felt and still feel now. What's your lp usually like? I would start cramping around 9dpo when I would get af around 13-14dpo. It was unusually frequent before my bfp. Also noticed a massive vein had popped up on my left boob and asked dh if he could see it. He said no but I don't normally have veiny boobs lol.
Apart from the cramps I had no other signs at all and was expecting a bfn

irishlass1234 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:53:46

I normally get a tiny amount of cramping around ovulation then the day after ov I get sore breasts, maybe heightened sense of smell, bloating and then about 2 days before AF I get cramps getting stronger and stronger until AF arrives and then nothing much during my period.

This time I have had my usual cramps at ov and pretty much cramping since, on and off until today was much heavier. I almost had to double over today at work! This is a very new and unusual/different symptom this month for me. My breasts have suddenly got sore today, which is the same time as the heavier cramps. Other months I have had sore breasts the next day after ov.

Very odd!! When are you testing?

MrsCharlieD Wed 01-Mar-17 05:35:33

I had pretty much constant mild period pain from ovulation the month I got my bfp with dc2. I was convinced I'd got pcos or something. I did a test at 8dpo and BFN. Did one 12dpo and bfp. I've still no idea what the pain was caused by but it was the only thing about that 2ww which was different to the times I hadn't conceived.

MrsCharlieD Wed 01-Mar-17 05:39:14

Also had one sided ovulation pain after ovulating which was unusual.

irishlass1234 Wed 01-Mar-17 07:39:08

This is exactly what I have, I've had mild pain since ov! Fingers crossed it's this month!

irishlass1234 Wed 01-Mar-17 08:21:18

Also, a couple of questions if I may?

How long did the cramps go on for?

And did you get a sharp pain when you cough/sneezed etc?

My cramps are a lot worse today, sharper and stabbing. I am 7 DPO.

How would I know if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

Thanks

irishlass1234 Thu 02-Mar-17 23:13:38

AmyB1986

How long did your sciatic leg pain last for? As I got a stabbing pain in my back and leg today, could only Jonnie and not stand up straight. Only lasted about 30 seconds, and only happened once. I reckon I'm about 9/10 DPO.

Sazwest Thu 02-Mar-17 23:20:16

hey all I need some help please if anyone can help my period arrived 17th feb 2017 and I had my copper coil removed on 21st feb 2017 whilst still on my period I finished my period the day after I had coil removed. I thought I was due to ovulate 1-6 march 2017 which is what I worked out on my calendar but I done ovulating sticks early and they showed i ovulated early works out 5 days after having my coil removed anyways I have had sex the day before I got the coil taken out and up until Tuesday28th feb. For the last few days ive been getting on and off cramps which I have never had before and ive been feeling really sick and I'm really bloated which ive never had.

Could I have ovulated straight after my period like its saying and is it possible I could be pregnant??

I'm not sure when my next period will be due and when to take a pregnancy test

PLZ HELP I'm confused

AmyB1986 Fri 03-Mar-17 08:29:35

Irish the pain last a few days on and off until I had sex and got really bad cramp in that area, then it went off. May have just been a coincidence but it was odd. The cramps are still there but less frequent, more uncomfortable now though almost 7 weeks pg. when are you going to test? I was 12dpo when I got a super squinter on a cheap test, frer was mega positive without fmu the same day.

Saz you could have ovulated that soon but I'm not really sure to be honest. Waiting game really.

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 08:33:00

The horrible waiting game haha. Xx

Sazwest Fri 03-Mar-17 08:33:58

If I did ovulate then how soon after ovulation can u take a test xx

AmyB1986 Fri 03-Mar-17 08:50:59

I'd say wait 15 days after ov to be sure. Use a first response test, for me those are the most accurate. You get a definitive line with pink colour if you're pregnant. They're expensive but worth the money for an accurate result. It does say you can test early with those but intend not to just because knowing too early causes me lots of anxiety. Hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now