Talk

Advanced search

Just saying hi - I am back for round 2!

(13 Posts)
WantToGoingTo Mon 27-Feb-17 12:29:34

Just popping over to say hi - 3 weeks of pill left and then I will be back on the ttc bandwagon take 2 grin

I have DS1, 19 months so this will be DC2! I started a new job 6 months ago, have final exam for my qualification in June oh and we are moving house soon as DH has a new job starting in June. I don't like a quiet life wink

Last time we were very lucky, I had one af and then boom up the duff. But coming off a different pill this time. Would love to hear experience of those recently off Micronor! I came off cileste last time and it was a right b*%!. Hoping won't be as bad this time with the mini pill!

I also went a bit crackers. Even after one month of ttc. Vowing not to this time but I do still have some opks in my drawer...

Anyway hello everyone! waves

Emma2803 Mon 27-Feb-17 15:52:02

Hello!! Were hoping to ttc #2 in the next few months. Ds is almost 2! I have just came off mini pill, been off it two weeks today and think I got positive opk on Tuesday so gonna guess ovulation on Thursday? Quicker than I expected! I am on the look out for af arriving next week!

Also I was on a combined pill before and stopped to ttc ds and took 7 weeks for af to arrive!!

My word you really do like being busy!! Lol.

WantToGoingTo Mon 27-Feb-17 15:58:45

Hi Emma! Oooo sounds like we are in a similar boat smile I am hoping that as minipill doesn't stop ovulation cycles should continue in a normal cycle? Maybe I'm deluded haha. Still, two weeks off and ovulating sounds great for you! Fingers crossed!

mairimhor Tue 28-Feb-17 14:21:10

Hello, we are ttc#1 and I came off Micronor two weeks ago to the day. So far literally nothing has happened. I was on it for 2 1/2 years and had regular periods as well as the premenstrual symptoms I'd had before going on the pill. According to that I'd be due on in two days and would normally have tender breasts, PMT symptoms, bloating and constipation right now but absolutely nada apart from a lot more cm (sorry if tmi!).

How are you getting on after 4 weeks, have you had any symptoms at all?

mairimhor Tue 28-Feb-17 14:21:46

Also I read that Micronor stopped ovulation in 50% of cases, just no idea which 50% I am lol x

Emma2803 Tue 28-Feb-17 14:46:31

Oh mairim you are just a day behind me then as I was two weeks pill free yesterday!! I've started to get more cm just recently too!
I had a chappy time on the mini pill, almost constant spotting!! Has literally just stopped yesterday. Was only on it 7 months, had spotting first four months, nothing next two months and then had been spotting since 6th January until yesterday really!! A few days off the weeks I stopped it but started again on the Friday (17th) until now. No real signs of anything happening I don't think but I never really had pre menstrual signs anyway.
And when I was actually pregnant with my first I had no signs whatsoever! No sickness or anything.

Are you doing ovulation sticks at all?

I was on the combined pill before and it took 5 weeks after coming off that to ovulate.

WantToGoingTo Tue 28-Feb-17 15:14:54

It also took me 6 weeks to ovulate when coming off combined pill. I may take ovulation tests now while on pill for last few weeks just to see if I am ovulating!! Gp told me it works by thinning womb lining so egg doesn't stick and doesn't affect ovulation so we will see

mairimhor Tue 28-Feb-17 15:37:02

Aw Emma a day behind! I had no problems on Micronor apart from weight gain at the beginning but I stopped smoking at same time so might have just been that. I had 32 day cycles same as before though they were very light, more like spotting but at the same time as my period would have been.

I'm being realistic and thinking that it up to a year is totally normal and it's only been two weeks but still! Do you get a fertility surge after the mini pill or is that just combined?

I'm not using opks or anything yet as I wasn't sure what would happen...think if nothing's happened in a few months I will start, are you?

WantToGoingTo Tue 28-Feb-17 19:35:54

Update: so dh said to me last night why am I waiting another 3 weeks to come off the pill. I had just thought it would be best to finish the packet really, plus if I do get pg straight away wanted it to be a tad later so as early pregnancy and all the tiredness wouldnt clash with my exam. But as am on mini pill he is right that there is no difference stopping now or in 3 weeks. I have just had af so don't think it would make me bleed? Did either of you have bleeding when you came off? I had awful bleeding last time but that was the combined. So now I am thinking I should just come off, try and work out if I ovulate and chill out for a bit til I get my first proper af (I.e try but not try). Dh is away a lot this month anyway so not v likely. Why do I feel so nervous when I have been counting down the days and have done it all before?! Eeeeeeek!

So question is to pill or not to pill today...

Emma2803 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:24:33

I say stop it as you never know how long it will take for fertility to return. We are now using condoms until April but hoping cycle will have regulated by then. I did have a light bit of spotting starting a few days after stopping it. But then I always had spotting on it. My withdrawn bleed after combined was just normal for me. I'd say if you do spot it will be very light as you have just had af.

Emma2803 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:25:46

Mairim I am doing opks but I am a nerd!! I think I got a positive result last week so have stopped doing them and am now waiting on af!!

WantToGoingTo Tue 28-Feb-17 20:30:45

Yes that is true. 3 weeks in grand scheme of things is nothing. It is strange how we try to put order to something that is so random and completely not controllable! Looks like my last pill may have been last night... Fingers crossed no af when I am on spa day in 3 weeks!

I think I will start OPKs in a week or so, just to see if I ovulate. I have never done BBT but wondering about doing it this time as that is a v accurate way of knowing if you ovulated. I remember last time I did all the cervix cm stuff (totally weird, pretty much sure I had no idea where my cervix was or what it even felt like before then!) but wondering whether BBT may be a much simpler method haha

mairimhor Tue 28-Feb-17 21:10:19

I had no bleeding at all, like you I'd been on combined before and stopped due to migraines so was expecting a withdrawal bleed - but am still waiting and no sign that AF is on her way. Obvs everyone is different but I'd be tempted to just stop x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now