Talk

Advanced search

Here's to hoping

(14 Posts)
Christa88 Sun 26-Feb-17 15:18:30

Hi ladies,
I'm currently 10dpo and I use opk but not temping. To give a bit of background - I have pcos which I'm trying to manage myself as drs won't medicate (I already have two children) I've managed to regulate my periods from have 1-2 a year to a 34 day cycle!! So I'm pretty psyched. So... I got my positive opk on cd20 which makes me 10dpo today.
I have no symptoms at all except 3 days ago I was actually sick in the gym blush was very sudden and strange but I didn't think much of it just that maybe I was overdoing it.
Today I wipe and I have a few strands of brownish blood in lots of ewcm?! Now I'm trying my hardest not to overthink grin which isn't going too well! Lol. But could this be implantation bleed? Or simply a shorter cycle? I should just wait for the morning to see if af arrives early but I think I may need some grounding haha! Any advice or similar things going? Any cycle buddies out there? X

Newtoday Mon 27-Feb-17 14:02:22

Any news? Good luck!

Christa88 Mon 27-Feb-17 14:50:57

Hey! Thought I was out here on my own for a minute then..
No AF and no more blood.. no idea if that means anything! But I have my fingers crossed. Little bit crampy today and seems a bit early for af as due Friday?! I HATE 2ww!!

Oysterbabe Mon 27-Feb-17 15:00:20

Crossing my fingers!
I'm 10DPO too. When do you think you'll test?

Christa88 Mon 27-Feb-17 16:17:52

I'm a sucker for testing too early and constantly. It's awful. So I think I'm going to wait and see what happens Friday?
How about you Oysterbabe? Any symptoms or weirdness?

Oysterbabe Mon 27-Feb-17 16:23:29

Good plan. Saturday earliest testing for me but was thinking about Monday, just to be definitely sure I'm late. I fully expect AF to have kicked in by then.
My toddler has been a bit off with me and I'm taking that as a symptom, she knows and is angry 😂

Christa88 Mon 27-Feb-17 18:44:20

Ha! grin I have a 3 and a 4 year old and they're both always 'off' with me lately!! I'm not sure if that's just an age thing? Fingers crossed for you babe. How long have you been trying?

Oysterbabe Mon 27-Feb-17 19:13:53

It's only my first cycle so I'm not holding out too much hope.
With your implantation bleed it's looking good for you, fingers crossed.

happybus28 Tue 28-Feb-17 07:07:31

Good luck! Sounds positive! Out of interest how did you manage to regulate your cycles? What's the secret? I struggle with long cycles and it's stressful when TTC!

ApplePie86 Tue 28-Feb-17 09:14:14

I'd also be interested in finding out how you regulate your cycles.

My periods are very few and far between (last cycle 81 days, currently on day 163 sad - came off the pill April last year after using it for around 9 months and before that, periods were not very often.

I imagine I have PCOS or similar but as I'm not actively trying to conceive (although not trying to prevent) I haven't been to doctors.

Would love to regulate them without medical intervention!

Christa88 Tue 28-Feb-17 11:52:23

My cycles was terrible!! I think the longest was 145 days. After being diagnosed pcos last summer the gp was awful. Told me I was too overweight (fair enough) I was 19.4 stone. And that I would probably never have anymore children. I was gutted and moped around for a few months eating chocolate lol. Then decided to do my own research and see what I can do. So November I joined the gym, was super hard at first but I'm now doing 45 mins of cardio and 30 min weight training. I also changed my diet completely. Cutting carbs back to 50g a day protein at 190g. I also started taking maca powder with my protein shakes which has been amazing I think! I've lost 3 and a half stone but I swear the month I started back in November I had a 38 day cycle and they have been regular every month getting shorter each time! It was 34 the past two cycles. It's difficult to stay on track but I actually enjoy the gym now. I still have a long way to go. On my meal plan I have 300 calories to play with daily so I can have treats etc and I don't really feel as though I'm going without. The most difficult part is keeping my protein high every day. I don't think it's so much the weightloss although it's helped massively I think it's mostly down to the exercise?

2ducks2ducklings Tue 28-Feb-17 14:10:58

Well done on your complete lifestyle change! That can only help things along! Good luck to you xx

happybus28 Tue 28-Feb-17 15:25:21

That's a huge achievement well done!! I have started exercising more and have lost a little weight although I wasn't too over weight originally I had put 7-8 pounds on which I really need to shift. Lost about 5 pounds so far. I've just had my first AF since October so I'm hoping it's as a result of upping my exercise and losing some weight. It is hard though isn't it!

Christa88 Tue 28-Feb-17 18:43:20

Thank you girls! Its was a struggle but i hate missing more then two days now and I feel so much better. I'm actually able to catch up with my 2 year old boy! (Who by the way is a miniature sonic the hedgehog) I do believe that exercise is the key though 100%

And happybus keep it going! You'll find something you enjoy doing exercise wise and go for it, you really will start to enjoy it and it will no longer be a struggle. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now