We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Didn't read the instructions on a FRER...

(14 Posts)
saltycaramelshortbread Sat 25-Feb-17 22:29:29

Like an idiot, didn't read the instructions until after I'd used it. It says to hold in your pee stream/pot of wee for 5 seconds only, I must have left it there a good 20-30 seconds.

So, question is - could that cause a false positive? Everything I've read suggests false positives are really unlikely, and an internet budget one this morning looked possibly like a squinter but I messed that up by dropping water on the test screen. But it wasn't particularly concentrated wee either (about 7pm) and I can't quite trust it because it's so clear. I was slightly ashamed of myself for even bothering to test so late in the day with a hastily purchased frer rather than waiting til morning.

Go on, tell me to chill out and test again in the morning properly like a sane person. blush

ethelfleda Sat 25-Feb-17 22:38:48

To me, that test picks up HCG... it's only there if your pregnant regardless of how long you spend weeing on it smile
I say congratulations!

AmyB1986 Sat 25-Feb-17 22:49:54

Nope that's an actual positive! Congrats

vitalite Sat 25-Feb-17 22:56:54

Definitely positive! Congrats. flowers

empirerecordsrocked Sat 25-Feb-17 22:58:13

Irrelevant. That is so positive- congrats!

buzzmoon Sat 25-Feb-17 23:01:27

Deffo positive! Congrats!!

saltycaramelshortbread Sat 25-Feb-17 23:59:02

Yay. Thanks everyone! Will test again in the morning (and probably obsessedly after that for some time) but cautiously excited! Fingers crossed for a sticky one. smile

user1471496670 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:21:25

Super strong positive!!
Congratulations x

Ttc321 Sun 26-Feb-17 10:03:14

Definitely a possitive regardless, congrats

haveacupoftea Sun 26-Feb-17 10:29:45

Ashamed of yourself for not using FMU! I've never heard the like of it. I always got stronger positives with afternoon urine - the FMU thing is a bit of an urban myth. Once its positive, its positive day or night. And that test is positive.

saltycaramelshortbread Sun 26-Feb-17 16:40:42

Ashamed is a bit strong - sheepish, maybe, for having no self control in testing a bit early and twice in one day! Was fully expecting a negative as I've had no symptoms, but happily confirmed this morning with a super strong line!

ladyglittersparkle Sun 26-Feb-17 16:57:14

Congratulations xx

HopingForALittleOne Tue 28-Feb-17 19:44:50

Congratulations flowersflowersflowers

Sazwest Mon 06-Mar-17 15:57:41

@saltycaramelshortbread congrats lovely xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now