Talk

Advanced search

Repost (wrong forum) Periods: BC & TTC

(20 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Sat 25-Feb-17 13:00:53

This may be TMI but looking for comfort. Im on my 2nd cycle post BC after stopping in Dec. My withdrawal bleeds on the pill where heavy and lasted 4 days, they soaked about 2 super tampons a day so about 20ml, 80ml per cycle. Since then im still on for 4 days but the period starts with a day of brown discharge that i used a liner for and dont measure, then a day of about 10ml loss followed by a heavy day of 20ml loss. After that i get darker blood that averages about 5ml per day. Im about 40ml loss per cycle which is super low for me. I was on the pill 11 years so dont have a clear memory of it, but i was a teen then so i wouldnt be able to compare much anyway. My main concern is my family are early starters and finishers, most periods start at 10-12years and end mid 30s-40s. Im late 20 so im worried. Ill see GP next cycle if its the same. Two cycle have been 32 and 28 days long. Any ideas?

ethelfleda Sat 25-Feb-17 13:03:46

I really wouldn't worry. Periods are different post pill - mine are totally different since coming off the pill too. Give you body a chance to settle down and try not to worry - I know it's easier said than done x

ethelfleda Sat 25-Feb-17 13:04:57

Also, it helps me to think I am very lucky to even get periods back at all after the pill as a lot of women don't. And if they're averaging as you say I highly doubt anything it wrong

OnNaturesCourse Sat 25-Feb-17 13:13:16

I'm definitely thankful they are back so quick n regular, for sure! Perhaps the pill was actually throwing my body out of whack and making things heavier?

OnNaturesCourse Sat 25-Feb-17 23:13:12

Bump

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 26-Feb-17 19:17:12

nature you really are my Ttc twin!! I came off BC at Xmas. Just got af for second time. Two 28day cycles. Can't complain on that front - even if I'm not pregnant!! Soooo light though. Last one three days. Only two days of bleeding. This time - yesterday medium flow, today barely anything. I'm guessing this is why I haven't conceived yet - there can't be much comfy lining.

tuxie11 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:23:38

Just saw this bumped now. I too came off of the pill, has a withdrawal bleed as normal, and then into a 28 day cycle. Period was a little more crampy but no more different than the withdrawal bleeds I had l, perhaps lasted a day shorter?

Anyway, I was due AF on the 23/2 and I'm late. We are TTC - I've taken two tests and BFN. Is this normal to have a regular cycle (as before the pill) and into a regular, than late cycle? confused

tuxie11 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:24:43

*meant to say came off the pill in December

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 26-Feb-17 19:27:40

I think most likely normal. Our bodies are trying to find some sort of new normal!

tuxie11 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:29:35

Thanks. Hoping to come on (or get a positive) within a week. I've never been late in my life and it's a headfcuk!

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 26-Feb-17 19:37:36

I had the sorest boobs this month. I actually was convinced on Friday it was my month and then af came

tuxie11 Sun 26-Feb-17 19:54:43

It's our first month TTC so I was unsure what to expect to be honest. Naively assumed AF would be here thurs if it didn't happen!
I've not had many symptoms as such - had my first ever bit of acne turn up and my nipples have gotten larger, this past few days I've had an increase of CM too and I can't remember what was normal last cycle! (Apologies if TMI!)

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 26-Feb-17 20:22:54

It's so strange. I've had a day and a half of af and it seems as if tonight, it's over again. I should be elated, jumping from the rooftops knowing af is gone and tummy should be flatter but instead I'm worrying that I can't make lovely comfy lining for a sticky bean hmmand opks have been positive for the last two months too. Maybe this next month I'll give my mind a rest from the ttc

ethelfleda Sun 26-Feb-17 20:36:20

Google raspberry leaf tea and pomegranate juice for thickening your lining smile

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 26-Feb-17 21:04:58

Oohhh I shall!

OnNaturesCourse Sun 26-Feb-17 23:58:00

Handy to know! Lol shh can we be PG twins this cycle? Im just worried im lighter now than on the pill, thought it should be the other way around?!

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 27-Feb-17 06:39:20

That's the same as me nature Much much lighter currently. It's v bizarre. Hope my PMA returns soon and this cycle is mine.

OnNaturesCourse Mon 27-Feb-17 14:51:23

shh after finishing yesterday.. AF has just come back onangry She needs to be reviewing the schedule!! No wonder my body doesnt know whats happening!! How are you today

OnNaturesCourse Mon 27-Feb-17 14:51:26

shh after finishing yesterday.. AF has just come back onangry She needs to be reviewing the schedule!! No wonder my body doesnt know whats happening!! How are you today

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 27-Feb-17 17:05:47

I'm ok thanks but af seems to have ended already. Periods are sooo light!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now