Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

FRER Sensitivity

(6 Posts)
ButterBeanSoup Sat 25-Feb-17 10:13:18

I have some IC which are 10mlU - are FRER even more sensitive than this?

Andysgirl15 Sun 26-Feb-17 09:30:23

I think they are 12.5 but can pick up a pregnancy really early. The IC will be positive at the same time as a FRER but the frer will more than likely show a darker line

haveacupoftea Sun 26-Feb-17 10:31:55

Yes. IC claim to be 10mIu but in reality a FRER will be positive way before any IC. (Read the amazon reviews for One Step etc if you want others to confirm this)

calimommy Thu 02-Mar-17 17:48:52

I think FRER are by far the best tests. 5 pregnancies and they have always been + way before any other test I've taken. I think Clear Blue are rubbish.

MacNcheese87 Thu 02-Mar-17 17:54:40

IC are good but not as sensitive as FRER even the ones marked 10mui.

I tested everyday with IC 10mui and didn't get anything until a day after a positive with a FRER.

However, they're much cheaper and if you have a POAS addiction like I did, they will do your fix! I did notice a very very slight pink line when shining a torch through the IC strip the day before I tested positive with a FRER, but it was invisible to the naked eye unless I shone a torch behind it. (If you do this and see a line, just be cautious, don't take it as a positive, but you can always hope and then test the next morning with a FRER)

toadierocks Thu 02-Mar-17 18:10:21

I know superdrug own brand are 10mui and pink lines so better than the blue ones for evap lines. Not too dear either - they're my favorites smile x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: