Talk

Advanced search

Vitamin B6 for short luteal phase

(7 Posts)
Eminybob Sat 25-Feb-17 08:23:10

Been ttc no2 for a while and have started opk-ing. Looks like I have a short luteal phase (10 days) so have done a bit of googling and have found out about vitamin B6 to lengthen it.

I was just looking for some replies from people who have tried this. Did it work? How many cycles before the luteal phase got longer? And did it help you conceive?
How much did you take?

Thanks

Eminybob Sat 25-Feb-17 10:17:05

Bump

bonzo77 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:27:32

I am absolutely certain it helped me. After a mc I took it as LP was 9 days. Seemed to increase to 13/4 days and I conceived dc2 after 3 months of taking it (4 months after mc). Also took it whilst ttc my 3rd. Had been trying about a year then started taking it and was pg after about 4 months. I'm sorry I cannot remember the dose. I've got a vague memory or taking 2 tablets 2x a day from holland and Barrett.

Eminybob Sat 25-Feb-17 10:44:04

Thanks bonzo. Did your LP increase the first cycle you were taking it?

bonzo77 Sat 25-Feb-17 11:26:47

Yes. My cycle was completely skewiff from the mc. It might have recovered naturally. I was completely besides myself over the whole thing and the B6 felt like as worst a harmless supplement or at best a miracle cure. It's also meant to help with low mood.

Eminybob Sat 25-Feb-17 11:33:05

Thank you for the replies. Looks promising then.

MoonlightMojitos Sun 26-Feb-17 00:13:17

I don't know if this is helpful or not but I started taking a b- complex a few months before coming off the pill to ttc. When I stopped taking it my cycles were regular straight away (28/29 days with ov around cd15) and I conceived on cycle 3. Obviously I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't been taking the b vitimins but I think it's worth a try personally as I know alot of people who have had crazy cycles when first coming off the pill and I seemed very lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now