Talk

Advanced search

Bbt chart help please!

(5 Posts)
Tubie22 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:41:51

Hello! This is my first ever post: sorry if I've sort of just jumped straight in...

I'm on month 1 of ttc baby number 2. I've been chatting and up until today FF had me as ovulating on cd9 which was backed up by ewcm.

Going by that, i should be 13dpo today. I wiped whilst at the toilet and had (not a massive amount of) ewcm, I checked this with my finger (tmi) and confirmed a small amount of ewcm, clear and stretched over n inch. I put this in my FF chart and it changed my ov date to cd14.
Can anyone tell me which ov date they think was correct - cd9 or cd14? I'm already so confused by charting and it's only month 1!

Tested today and bfn. Disheartening if I am 13dpo but not too bad if I'm actually 9dpo. Only thing I'm concerned about is the last time we dtd was 3 days before cd14 so I'm not sure if the sperm would live that long...

I've attached my original chart and my updated chart

Thank you in advance!!

physicskate Sat 25-Feb-17 11:19:46

From that chart, I'd be more inclined to say cd 14. How long are your cycles normally? If roughly 28 days, that would be about right...

I find it helpful to use cheapie opks with temping as I use my bbt to confirm what the opk was telling me... really at best it is all still pot luck and a bit of a guess...

Sperm can live up to 5-7 days inside the womb according to my research and my gp...

Tubie22 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:14:16

I am really irregular with periods so I really have no idea when my next one will be due! I'll assume I'm the lesser dpo and just keep testing until I get a bfp or a period! Crap position to be in though, with not knowing when my next cycle will start...confused

willitbe Sun 26-Feb-17 08:57:18

If that is your first ever chart, so you have none others with which to compare it, I would definitely go for the cd 14 ovulation date. It looks much more convincing than the cd 9. Just in case, I would also put a thought into cd 17 as being a possible ov date, if cd 16 reading was unreliable for any reason. The good thing is that your chart is showing a very clear post-ov temperature shift.

As for dtd 3 days before, that is ok, FF tends to put a better rating on it being better closer to ov, but in real life, anything up to 7 days before still has a chance. I hope that you get your positive result soon.

Tubie22 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:23:41

Thank you very much! I think I'm going to assume ov was cd14 to give myself the best possible chance of getting a bfp. I'm glad I'm ovulating at all as that was a major issue when ttc my first baby; was told I wasn't ovulating and would need fertility treatment but managed to catch naturally by chance! So to see the temp shift and to know I've ovulated somewhere in there is a good thing to know at the very least!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now