Talk

Advanced search

DTD when you're so tired...

(10 Posts)
HazyDays81 Thu 23-Feb-17 08:40:25

I'm on cycle 6 ttc. Yesterday was CD13. We dtd on CD10 & 11 but not wanting to miss my FW we also dtd last night. We were both so tired from a busy week. I felt a bit sad that it felt like a chore! Anyone else feel like this?

CuriousMary Thu 23-Feb-17 12:18:58

I feel exactly the same. You don't need to DTD every night (unless you want to) every other day is just as effective. That's what we tend to do from calendar day 10. Also are you using OPKs? This also helps with your most fertile days showing when you are about to ovulate.

HazyDays81 Thu 23-Feb-17 12:57:49

Glad I'm not the only one! Yes I think every other day is the way to go. No I haven't used OPKs yet. We were lucky I fell easily with my 2DS's. Not so easy this time round unfortunately so I think I'll try the OPKs next month if no BFP. DH isn't keen on a baby near to Christmas so looks like we'll be missing a month ttc so really hoping we are lucky this month.

SharyBobbins Thu 23-Feb-17 13:24:37

We've been ttc for over 2 years now & at times it feels like another chore/job I have to do before I can go to sleep! People who say "we just had loads of great sex and I got pregnant" make me irrationally angry! blush

dangle90 Thu 23-Feb-17 19:35:19

Couldn't agree more!! It's only 3rd month in and I feel like it can be a chore and all the funs been sucked out of it sometimes! 😂

ethelfleda Thu 23-Feb-17 19:47:08

Of course! Definitely not every time - once or maybe twice a month it feels like that. I'd say that's very normal and the couples that say that they have great sex every time are clearly lying smile

HazyDays81 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:46:18

Oh yes I agree it's fun most of the time & thankfully I don't always feel like that but we were both tired. I think I'm ovulating today so hope dtd last night will work?!

Redpony1 Fri 24-Feb-17 09:51:34

Only cycle 2 for me and i feel like this, i have never had a high sex drive, neither has DP!

ethelfleda Fri 24-Feb-17 10:50:31

I read somewhere that 80% of pregnancies are conceived either the day before or the day of ovulation BTW 😊

HazyDays81 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:46:24

Thanks **Ethel that is good to hear! Fingers crossed there's some swimmers waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now