Talk

Advanced search

Am I ovulating!?

(11 Posts)
Mummy081212 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:23:45

Hey All,

I started testing for ovulation on Monday (day 14 of a cycle that varies between 32-36 days). The picture shows results L-R Monday, Tuesday then today. What do we think about the results? Am I ovulating or close to ovulation? Should I hold out a couple of days to maximise Hubby's swimmers?! Would love to know your thoughts x

SalemTheTeenageWitch Wed 22-Feb-17 18:28:20

Looks very close! You may get your positive in the next 36hours. Good luck smile

Mummy081212 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:31:26

Do you think? Never used them before so I'm stressing over them! x

Mummy081212 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:26:21

Left yesterday - right today - have I missed my window??? Could it be that short on duration???

ethelfleda Thu 23-Feb-17 20:48:09

I think maybe was your positive... mine didn't get darker than that before they started fading again. I've Googled it and some women just don't produce as much FSH as others (but should not impact on TTC) I'd get on it and start DTD for the next couple of days. Are you temping as well? If so, keep DTD until your Temps rise.
Good luck!

ethelfleda Thu 23-Feb-17 20:50:19

P.s it takes the stock of swimmers 48 hours to replenish fully which is why they say DTD every other day but personally I prefer to try for every day if I can. Apparently 80% of babies are conceived either the day before or the day of ovulation smile

booox Thu 23-Feb-17 21:12:21

The only posit be opk I ever got was at 5pm and again at 8:30pm - this month I tested with cheapies till around where I think I ovulate and started testing 3 times a day, which is how I caught it on the afternoon of day 11.

I'm testing as I want to build up a picture of my cycles; I'm not 100% sure I'm ovulating every cycle and they can vary a little, plus I'm 40.

But with my first son I just dtd every other day around the fertile period, the opks never told me anything!

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 23-Feb-17 21:28:34

If you're not sure then I'd suggest a cycle where you test twice a day for at least 10 days - some people have two surges and ovulate later than expected and some people have a very short surge and miss their positive if they don't test multiple times a day. Taping your opks in order onto a sheet of paper is handy for reference!

Mummy081212 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:34:04

Thanks so much for all your messages.

I tested again at 9pm tonight (earlier was 5.30pm). I hadn't read your messages when I tested but did it because I'd drank loads of water - my urine was literally like water and I didn't know if this would affect anything. Anyway, as you can see far right is 9pm. Much darker so I'm not stressing as much now blush DTD last night, will tonight and tomorrow morning as Hubs is away all bloody weekend - TYPICAL! x

Mummy081212 Sun 26-Feb-17 16:30:31

So...I still don't think I've ovulated?! Day 20 now. What do we think??

Colabottles64 Sun 26-Feb-17 20:15:03

It feels almost impossible to tell doesn't it! I was getting so stressed with mine I tossed them aside for last cycle & even though no bfp it was a lot more chilled. My cycles are very variable so think I'll try next cycle with clear blues cos I get so stressed with the lines. Even though they're so much cheaper though. Head wrecking!!

I have found afternoon and evening best times to test for the surge on those strips. None of those is properly darker than control line to my eyes but last from the right is darkest so maybe that was it xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now