Talk

Advanced search

Conception Tips??

(9 Posts)
MummyOf1Boy Wed 22-Feb-17 11:50:25

Hi everyone,

Had anyone got any good tips for or stories of things they done different and got BFP?
We have been TTC for 8 month and have been relaxed about it the past month. Going to take the relaxed approach next month aswell and then get ready to start trying and tracking.
Ive ordered my OPKs ready and maybe preseed oil? Any advice on that??
Apart from that im not too sure what else to do. My OH works away so we rely on only having the weekend to DTD.

I will try anything at this point xx

princessbananahammock252 Wed 22-Feb-17 15:24:22

It took us 18 months to conceive, currently 22 weeks pregnant. About 2-3 months leading up to when we got the positive pregnancy test, I had started weekly reflexology, was working out 5 days a week, generally eating better and then 1 month before my husband decided to cut out alcohol. I have to say that also at this point we had decided to start fertility treatment (nothing was medically found to be wrong with us, we had unexplained infertility) through a private clinic. I had all but given up on the fact that we'd ever conceive naturally so I wasn't stressing about it. Lo and behold, I fell pregnant! So relaxing and not stressing about it is definitely a thing! I should also mention, we used preseed for almost a year so I can't say that contributed to it, but always better to use something friendly for the swimmers if you need to.

stairway Wed 22-Feb-17 16:01:26

I think your problem is only weekend sex. Many women are only fertile for around 2 days a month. Unless you dd when you are fertile you won't conceive. Can your OH change his work patterns?

MummyOf1Boy Wed 22-Feb-17 18:16:57

Thanks princess. I have ordered some conceive plus so will give that a go with OPKs and try and be more relaxed see if that helps.

I know stairway we are very limited. And I only tracked ovulation one month with OPKs and luckily my fertile time was a weekend so DTD 3 days over the weekend but still got a BFN. He cant change his working pattern as he works all over the country in his line of work unfortunately xx

Boltoncasey24 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:40:55

I used opks last month for the first time and I'm now pregnant! 5 weeks xx

MummyOf1Boy Wed 22-Feb-17 20:10:14

Im going to use OPKs again next month with the conceive plus and hopefully get a BGP!! Congratulations xxx

Boltoncasey24 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:22:28

Thanks and good luck!!!!!xx

speakfriendandenter Thu 23-Feb-17 14:18:08

Sorry if this is tmi, but orgasms help!
We tried for over a year and nothing. So we relaxed, started having more fun dtd rather than just 'trying to get pregnant' and boom!
I know it's easy to SAY relax and much harder to do it.
I'm taking this approach this time, I've told DH it's all about me heehee wink

MulderitsmeX Thu 23-Feb-17 15:05:12

Roobis tea.
Also I had success by putting a "soft cup" in after a shag and leaving it in for 4 hours, it keeps the little guys up near your cervix and helps them climb in.

I'm also a massive soft cup fan in general for periods, they are supposed to neutralise your ph which helps conception that way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now