Talk

Advanced search

Never realised how complex TTC could be...

(13 Posts)
Willow25 Tue 21-Feb-17 19:14:52

Hi MN,
I'm a bit new to all of this. Hubby and I decided to come off the pill in November and I tried to start off a bit casual as I know it's important not to over think it and get obsessed. We're still enjoying trying anyway smile
I enjoy reading through the threads on here but I never realised how much there was to it!! confused Is anyone else just dtd regularly and hoping for the best? I use an app to try and keep track roughly of what's going on, but I just can't quite get my head around all the technical speak on these threads... do I need to be studying up now? grin

emwithme Tue 21-Feb-17 19:28:27

I had my coil out at the end of November. Didn't DTD at all in December due to night shifts-norovirus-antibiotics-cold.

DTD four times at start of January (when my app said I'd be ovulating. Came on mid-January) (bang on schedule).

DTD as "normal" last month. No particular tracking but just every couple of days as we felt like it.

Got BFP last Monday. Shagging works grin

Fourbyfour Tue 21-Feb-17 19:30:51

I came off the pill 6 months ago and so far nothing. I didn't realise how much was involved either. So much for school teaching you one forgetful mistake and your life will be changed forever grin

Pingsmum80 Tue 21-Feb-17 19:37:24

Me too

Had implant out last summer and just shagged for a while (although not much shagging due to busy work schedules).

Start of this year decided to try a bit harder and monitor ovulation.

DTD on Saturday 11th (when I think I was fertile). Been feeling sick and sore boobs last few days. Done 2 tests both negative.

It all feels very complicated

HazyDays81 Tue 21-Feb-17 19:45:49

I'm with you on this Willow. Apart from keeping an eye on where I am in my cycle & knowing when my fertile time is & we dtd around then! I'm on cycle 6 of ttc now. I fell easily with my first 2 DS's so hopeful it'll work again. That said if we go another few months & nothing then I might start OPKs/temps I've been reading about on here.

WelshMammy123 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:05:09

Hi,

I think that provided there are no underlying issues then so long as you have regular sex then at some point it'll happen. For some of us it happens super quickly but for some it takes a whole lot longer. When we started TTC our DD I got obsessed with temping, ovulation tests etc and it took us years to conceive. I look back now and think I put too much pressure on DH and I. I've been pregnant twice since having DD although both have sadly ended in a loss, but both times I haven't been doing anything more scientific that DTD every few days.

Now we're TTC again I find I'm becoming obsessed again and am doing ovulation tests etc but actually writing this has made me think 'what on earth am I doing?'. I think I need to chuck out the ovulation tests and stop the obsessing and just go back to DTD regularly and hopefully it'll then happen.

Good luck! X

helly29 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:47:38

I know what you mean, but you don't have to stress yourself out if detailed tracking isn't got you. There's a long running thread (link below) called 'just shagging' wink for those who are taking a more stress free approach to ttc!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2796204-Lights-twinkle-its-icy-cold-outside-tis-the-season-of-Yuletide-come-and-join-us-yes-you-For-this-is-JS62

Willow25 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:03:05

Aww good luck everyone! I know it's different for everybody. I want to give us the best possible chance but also feel like I don't know where to start with half of the things discussed e.g temping.. confused but yeah I don't want to get too carried away either because I know it'll make it all the more difficult every month that AF continues to appear. Exciting times though! grin

Redpony1 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:28:29

We can't be bothered to DTD all the time (we are so busy!) so knowing when we should seems like the best plan for us grin

But yes, it is rather complicated, i didn't quite know how complicated until i joined MN!

Penguin27 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:56:28

Hi! I'm in my first cycle ttc, so I'm also taking a natural and relaxed approach... Although I can already feel myself starting to symptom spot and think about when O is likely etc.

Fingers crossed for you!

ethelfleda Wed 22-Feb-17 13:01:10

Tell me about it. I have about 4 different signs telling me I've ovulate but my Temps aren't up yet so might not have! Grrrr
After all those years of trying not to get pregnant as well thinking it would be easy! Lol

jennymac31 Wed 22-Feb-17 13:04:17

With both my pregnancies (currently 28 weeks with no 2) we pretty much dtd every 2-3 days rather than concentrating on doing it during the fertile window. Fell pregnant with baby no 1 after 7 months and it took 5 months to fall pregnant with baby no 2.

Willow25 Wed 22-Feb-17 23:44:40

It's so good speaking to people about their experiences. I'm just so impatient! blush month four is early days so going to keep enjoying the act of trying whilst educating myself on here in case I end up feeling the need to do more than "just shagging" lol!

Ahh welcome Penguin27, exciting times!! grin And massive congrats on #2 Jennymac31 thanks for sharing your experiences, it's so helpful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now