Talk

Advanced search

Conceiving after a D&C

(10 Posts)
Mummytoone123 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:19:11

Anyone else having problems conceiving after a D and C?? I'm on month 4 and have previously fallen pregnant on my first month both times! Can't help think something is wrong now!

QueenGiggles Tue 21-Feb-17 16:49:54

I had a d&c in Oct, spotted lightly in Dec but took me to jan to get a proper period, I've fell 1st month with my 2 DS (and 3 MC) so find g it difficult that I'm having to actively ttc now tho I can't say if it's normal or not to have trouble after d&c! Sorry not much help just wanted you to know you're not alone

JCleRoux Tue 21-Feb-17 17:27:09

I had a D&C in September and concieved naturally in January of the next year but then suffered (another) mc. This was after four months. I read/heard somewhere that it takes about three months for the uterus lining to build up again after a D&C. Good luck with with the TTC.

caluna Tue 21-Feb-17 19:12:42

If your periods don't return to normal after a D&C, it's worth considering whether the D&C might have caused scarring which can block or partly block the uterus thus the blood doesn't flow out properly (also known as Asherman's Syndrome). Probably not very likely but I got it after a D&C post partum, didn't have a period for over 4 yrs (don't leave it this long!) I don't know how long it should take for periods to go back to normal but keep an eye on it!

QueenGiggles Thu 23-Feb-17 15:20:26

Think they say you should get 1st period 5-7 weeks after you've stopped bleeding after d&c, I was about to go to gp when mine eventually turned up! If you're worrying just go speak to gp as the worrying could be stopping you come on too

MulderitsmeX Thu 23-Feb-17 15:31:08

I'm about to find out mummy, although 4 months is not too long at all so it's probably just chance that it's longer this time.

Are your periods back to normal? I was told to wait 1 month before ttc so thing your lining etc should be fine.

Ashermans is something to look out for, although without a laproscopy so hard to know if you have it!

RoseGoldHippie Thu 23-Feb-17 17:12:10

What is d&c? X

QueenGiggles Fri 24-Feb-17 15:06:00

Can't remember the full name for it but basically it's an op most commonly used to remove everything from the womb after MC tho can be used for other reasons too!

RoseGoldHippie Fri 24-Feb-17 16:43:13

Ahh thank you sorry! X

QueenGiggles Fri 24-Feb-17 21:09:48

No probs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now