Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone "feel" their ovulation??

(12 Posts)
AllTheGlitters Mon 20-Feb-17 19:21:24

Hi all,

Since we have decided to TTC in 2017 I have been paying a lot of attention to my body and cycle. This month my fertile week was supposed be between the 10th and 16th or thereabouts (slightly different results on different ones).

On the 18th I was at my mums and noticed so mild but noticeable cramps, a bit like period cramps. Obvs have been paying lots of attention that I hadn't before! On the morning of the 19th, I felt the same cramps and also felt the weird light popping sort of sensation in my abdomen, it was so unlike anything I've noticed before and didn't feel like gas/anything tummy related!

Even though we weren't supposed to be trying yet (waiting til April), I jumped on DP and we did the deed. I'm not charting or anything so I have no way to confirm ovulation, and my EWCM is annoying because I get loads of it so it's not a very precise indicator either.

So I'm just wondering, does anyone physically feel what they know is ovulation, and can you describe it for me? smile I'm in the beginning of the 2WW and need something to keep me occupied! grin

AllTheGlitters Mon 20-Feb-17 19:22:36

Sorry for the atrocious grammar, I'm super tired blush

OddBoots Mon 20-Feb-17 19:23:41

Yup, I get mittelschmerz. It is like a pulled ligament type of pain for about 12 hours then a sharp stab.

ITGurl Mon 20-Feb-17 19:24:47

If unsure jump on DP.

heateallthebuns Mon 20-Feb-17 19:25:59

Yeah I get what is like mild period pain when I'm ovulating.

MaryMorpho Mon 20-Feb-17 19:26:21

Yes, the popping! I get a sharp very localised ache and the popping sensation, the whole thing only last a few seconds but it's definitely ovulation going by other signs like suddenly fancying all kinds of unlikely blokes

I don't feel it every time though, and very rarely feel it on the right, only the left.

Blueemeraldagain Mon 20-Feb-17 19:27:31

I do on one side. A sharp pain and and a weird popping/bubbling/rippling sensation.
But on one side and every other month (obviously).

AllTheGlitters Mon 20-Feb-17 19:28:06

That's so interesting thank you! It was quite like that I think, they were quite noticeable cramps going above where I get period pain but around that region, and it was a funny localised sensation the next morning! I'm just worried though because the 19th was cycle day 18 or 19 for me (period started at night on 31st Jan) so if I get my period on time (assuming I'm not pregnant grin won't than mean I have quite a short luteal phase?

I already have one 18 month old DD, so maybe I'm just imagining everything confused

AllTheGlitters Mon 20-Feb-17 19:30:25

Sorry lots of replies came up while I was typing that!

ItGurl indeed, that is what I tend to do from now on grin Even though we weren't "trying" we have still done it all throughout my FW so hopefully I'll have a Valentine's baby smile

MaryMorpho You took the words out of my mouth! I'm hoping I'm right then smile

ethelfleda Mon 20-Feb-17 19:54:04

Haha Mary! That made me chuckle! And totally get that!
In fact I got a girl boner listening to chain reaction grin

I get period like pains a couple of days before and some mild sharp pains too if that makes sense. Then my boobs hurt straight after and until AF arrives.

ijustwannadance Mon 20-Feb-17 19:57:36

Yep, always have.

WelshMammy123 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:33:23

Hi,

Yes I do - it's agony in my case but at least I know what's causing it I suppose and it's good to be given a reminder of the fact that DH and I should be DTD straight away!!

Weirdly it always used to only happen on one side but since my last loss it's started to happen on both sides. I find it quite debilitating for the few hours it lasts x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now