Talk

Advanced search

Progesterone after recurrent miscarriage

(4 Posts)
princessconsuelobananahammock Sat 18-Feb-17 21:40:52

I'm not quite sure where to post this question but conception seemed as good a place as any! I'm 4 months into using Cyclogest from day 22 of my cycle as guided by Prof Quenby with steroids to be started if I ever get pregnant again due to highish NK cells.

I feel like the cyclogest is having a really negative impact on me mentally & emotionally when I use it. I've never really had PMT/PMS and I do wonder if this is a normal (if on the extreme end) feeling at this time of the month but I feel totally awful. Stressed, knackered & I totally lack resilience to anything remotely challenging. I feel shit, don't know why & then I get my period & I feel instantly better. I'm also not sure whether using the cyclogest just makes all the miscarriages seem very real & raw again when I'm pretty good at boxing them off & that's why I feel so crap.

So, I've got a few questions:

1) anyone else on progesterone- did it make you feel like crap?!

2) anyone got any advice for alleviating these symptoms when I use it?!

Thanks so much.

10storeylovesong Sun 19-Feb-17 15:14:46

I'm currently on cyclogest. I started taking it when I got a bfp at 10 dpo after 4 previous early losses (all before 6 weeks). I'm currently 7+4 and an early scan shows baby has a heartbeat and was the right size for dates. I feel like crap but I don't know how much of that is the pregnancy and how much is the progesterone, however I strongly suspect I wouldn't have got this far if it wasn't for the progesterone.

BifsWif Mon 20-Feb-17 20:24:13

I used it in my last pregnancy from 3dpo after 3 consecutive miscarriages. I felt horrific, it was awful, but I firmly believe that cyclogest was the reason the pregnancy ended with a healthy baby.

princessconsuelobananahammock Mon 20-Feb-17 20:44:27

Thanks for your replies. I think if I was pregnant it would seem worth it but taking it every month and then still not being pregnant feels difficult to deal with. At least it's not just me though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now