Talk

Advanced search

This is my first time using a pregnancy test

(10 Posts)
theclick Sat 18-Feb-17 10:18:21

And I'm asking as I feel when the test started to work the dye was bleeding a little so wondering if this is right, is the line actually faint, etc. Please let me know your thoughts.

confusedat23 Sat 18-Feb-17 10:24:40

That line isn't faint at all confused...
If you want confirmation you should get a Clear Blue Digital but looking at that test (those normally give faint lines) i would say you are quite far along!

Also these tests when you pre the dye moves up the test and then at about 10 mins its settled into the lines if its positive

OnNaturesCourse Sat 18-Feb-17 10:34:29

Thats a super strong positive!

emochild Sat 18-Feb-17 10:36:16

Twins!!!!

Just joking -super strong positive so I'm guessing your period is pretty late

Congratulations

theclick Sat 18-Feb-17 11:01:12

My period is 5 days late today. I wanted to start a separate thread on this but I've been feeling really weird about it all. I thought I would have issues getting pregnant. I'm one of those people who is a natural worrier. I would read the conception boards and think stress myself out. It's not uncommon to have challenges, so I thought I would.

When my period was late, I put it down to someone very close to me just passing away and the stress of that. But I've been getting very moderate waves of nausea (I ate a gherkin yesterday and gagged), lots of CM and my nipples are so sore. DH and I wanted this, but didn't expect it to happen first time.

Now I'm just thinking about everything we haven't done yet (as I thought we would be TTC for a while) and my career, as well as the freedom I have now. I'm not even massively career minded but it's been going well and I don't want to not have it! I'm not being ungrateful - we have a long journey ahead - but I am a little blushshock right now. It will just take a while to sink in I guess.

emochild Sat 18-Feb-17 11:08:04

Ah I got pregnant first go with my oldest and sheer panic was my immediate response

It will sink in

theclick Sat 18-Feb-17 11:24:02

Thanks, that is assuring! Right now it feels like I've given myself an early death sentence. I know that's bad to say. Especially as people would love this. It's just a little unexpected. I thought the average was six months! Anyway I'll get a clear blue and also visit the GP for confirmation.

Snifftest Sat 18-Feb-17 11:38:19

Call the GP surgery, they may not want to see you. My GP doesn't confirm - you just call them and they book you in with the midwife, different areas do it differently.

strawberrypenguin Sat 18-Feb-17 11:40:05

That is not a faint line - that is a very strong line. Congratulations

theclick Sat 18-Feb-17 11:48:39

I think my GP will want to see me as I'm hypothyroid, which is controlled, but she always told me she would be upping my dose when I'm pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now