Nexplanon removal

(8 Posts)
Sjjr23 Sat 18-Feb-17 08:39:34

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any experiences of nexplanon removal? How long did it take you to get back to "normal"? Horrendous time getting the bleeding thing out of my arm a week ago, now feeling oh so very crampy --hormonal bitch

Looiloo79 Sat 18-Feb-17 08:41:24

Back to normal straight away. Had one period and pregnant within 6 weeks of it been removed. Hated the bloody thing - sent me into a moody psychotic bitch!

Stowie3012 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:39:19

Had mine removed 17th December and still not back to normal. Had 5 4 day long periods really heavy and painful and not pg yet 🙁

HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Tue 28-Feb-17 13:42:20

I had mine out on 11 Jan. Also very painful to get the bloody thing out. Period came 28 days later. No withdrawal bleed. I'm waiting to take a preg test this weekend to see if we've conceived this month.

Annoyingly I've not had the much promised weight loss since removal!

CakesALot Tue 28-Feb-17 16:23:53

I've had two implants. First one I went back to normal almost immediately-small withdrawal bleed then af showed up 28 days later from then on. This time (came out in august), small withdrawal bleed then nothing for 50 days!!!! Drove me bonkers! Wasted a ton of money on hpts too! Next few cycles were a little long too, 30/35 days. Last two have been back to 28 so hoping this help with the TTC journey.

So in short, a mixed bag! In theory your fertility is meant to return to normal straight away, that's why I chose it, so fx you'll be back on track really soon!

Sjjr23 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:32:04

Thanks all for your responses, feel a bit better about af not making an appearance yet. Still very crampy and moody......yay hmm

SavvyannaC Mon 06-Mar-17 10:55:38

Hey,

I had the implant out on 18.02 but I was taking the contraceptive pill at the same time because I was having a period more often than I wasn't so the pill controlled that... took my last pill on Friday and just waiting on AF now.
I am worried that the use of the pill too will cause issues in getting things back on track though.

Sjjr23 Sun 19-Mar-17 13:45:59

Af has appeared with a vengeance. 6 weeks after removal

Here we go.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now