Talk

Advanced search

At what point to see the doctor?

(5 Posts)
harry78 Fri 17-Feb-17 20:59:52

Hi all, I wonder if you can help. We have been TTC baby no 2 for nearly 12 months. I have cycles that range between 24 and 27 days. I use a CB Fertility monitor and get peaks around day 14. I get spotting about 4 days before my period and worry that this is the problem, that perhaps implantation doesn't have time to happen. I am 38 and partner is 49 and I wondering at what point do I say I need help and go and see the doctor. Does anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences? I guess the other question is what can the doctor do anyway?

Oysterbabe Fri 17-Feb-17 21:44:12

You should see the doctor now. If you are over 35 you should see a Dr if you haven't conceived after 6 months. To start with they'll do a blood test to check you're ovulating and a sperm analysis.
It sounds like you have a short luteal phase and may need progesterone to help sustain a pregnancy. I'm really not an expert on these things though.
Good luck!

harry78 Sat 18-Feb-17 07:28:32

Thanks Oysterbabe

10storeylovesong Sun 19-Feb-17 15:16:52

Just to manage expectations, my GP won't do anything when trying for a second child. I had to go private for tests.

harry78 Tue 21-Feb-17 09:59:30

Thanks both. I'll make an appointment and see what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now