Talk

Advanced search

Decided to try..

(8 Posts)
littlemacarena Fri 17-Feb-17 16:39:35

Hi all...newbie here. So my husband and I decided that after Xmas we would start trying/ see how things went...we've been surprised by how all of a sudden we are quite keen on getting pregnant! Just hit pmt/period no.2 since trying and we're both gutted. This is normal right?! Is there anything we can do to aid conception? Advice appreciated...

Micycle Fri 17-Feb-17 17:17:15

Totally normal smile

In terms of improving your chances, are you charting or tracking your ovulation in any way?

ScarletSienna Fri 17-Feb-17 17:21:12

The month I conceived, we'd had sex every other day at least so that must have helped I think!

Totally normal for it to take a while. Which contraception were you using before?

littlemacarena Fri 17-Feb-17 17:55:26

Thanks ladies... So yes have roughly tracked ovulation although this is all new to us. And contraception wise was on pill until about 7months ago? Been free of contraception since then..

Sshsecretenclosed Fri 17-Feb-17 18:17:22

Oh my little!! Preach sister!! I feel you. Exactly the same. Started trying at Christmas. Takes over your life so quick. Enjoying DTD a lot but don't want this to ever become not fun.

littlemacarena Sat 18-Feb-17 09:12:48

I know @Sshsecretenclosed I can see why this takes over people. Just happy at the mo to see where it goes smile

Chinnygirl Sat 18-Feb-17 09:29:03

80% of the couples who TTC conceive within a year. Totally normal.

Willow25 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:51:23

Similar story here - started trying in November. I am impatient and hate having to wait for things that I want. I know I need to just chill and enjoy the way things are at the moment (including dtd) but it really does take over! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now