Advanced search

Luteal phase after copper coil removal?

(1 Post)
RosieCat79 Fri 17-Feb-17 10:57:40

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have had the copper coil for a couple of years and on the whole my experience with it has been positive. All being well, DH and I are planning to start TTC #1 in a few months time. The wait is driving me mad!

As we are now not too far away from getting started, and I am not on hormonal BC, I have decided to use this time productively (i.e. become totally obsessed) and start charting. At the moment my cycles are pretty regular 26-28 days. I'm conscious that it might take a few cycles of charting to get it right, but it would APPEAR that I have a short luteal phase (around 9 days). On some of my cycles (every third or fourth say), I will also get spotting a couple of days before AF starts properly.

I have read that the copper coil can have the effect of shortening the luteal phase and causing pre-AF spotting, so am really hoping these issues might be resolved once mine is removed.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have had experiences of your cycle getting longer after having a copper coil removed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now