Talk

Advanced search

Advice on when to use OPKs please

(4 Posts)
ethelfleda Thu 16-Feb-17 17:45:48

This month I am going to use OPKs for first time (ICs) I think based on previous months that I will ovulate Sunday or Monday... when should I start to test? And how many times a day? How long does the surge last for? And should I not drink anything before I test?
Also charting my BBT for the first time this month. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you! X

Newtoday Thu 16-Feb-17 17:49:23

It usually says on the leaflet that comes with ICs. Depends on your cycle length.

For temping tips, Kindara is the only app to consider! And you'll find all your answers in the knowledge base/community.

Chart your CM too and good luck!

Oysterbabe Thu 16-Feb-17 21:36:29

Testing is the afternoon is best. I start about 5 days before I expect to ovulate.

Somethingtotalkabout1982 Thu 16-Feb-17 22:25:28

I think it depends on brand of opk you use, I'm no expert as have only started using them this month but will try to help! I've used one step ones from amazon so dirt cheap.

I thought I was due to ovulate last Friday so started to test from the Wednesday before. I didn't get any sign of second line until Saturday morning when second line was feint. I then tested again Saturday evening and second line was almost as dark as first. Then Sunday mornings test, the second line was darker than first so I took that as my peak. I had tingly boobs and cramps from Sunday night to Monday morning and think I may have ovulated Monday at some point.

I found results best when I hadn't been to loo for at least 2-3 hours and also hadn't drunk much. Getting the timing right was a bit of a pain! They say not to use first wee of day so I tended to have first wee then my cup of tea and then try not to go to loo for as long as poss or drink anything else, then tested late morning.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now