Talk

Advanced search

Anyone experience of spotting before periods (especially after mmc?)

(11 Posts)
sureitsgrand Thu 16-Feb-17 16:10:23

Hi, I have always had a regular cycle and conceived my DS easily. In the summer I had a mmc at 11 weeks, resulting in d&c. Since then, my cycle has been a bit all over the place,but I suddenly realised today I've been spotting for a few days prior to each period which never used to happen? And after doing a bit of googling it seems, you shouldn't count first day of AF unless is a proper 'flow'? So, that would mean I have been mis counting my cycle. Does anyone else have experience of this or similar?
Feel a bit all over the place, I'm only a few weeks away from what would have been my due date, and had really hoped to be pregnant by then.

Newtoday Thu 16-Feb-17 16:13:10

So sorry to hear that.
I had similar and so downloaded Kindara and took my temps, so I know exactly what's going on.

sureitsgrand Thu 16-Feb-17 17:52:56

Thanks, I am using Clue app which I find good. Ordered pre seed after hearing good things about it. Trying to be positive.

Fink Thu 16-Feb-17 17:56:51

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, the first day of your cycle is the first day of full flow not counting spotting before then.

I have spotting every month, but I have a lot of weird bleeding so I wouldn't take my cycle as normal. It didn't affect my fertility though so not necessarily a problem re. conceiving. Check whether it might be hormonal-stress related. Proper night's sleep, eating well etc. all make mine not as bad.

sureitsgrand Thu 16-Feb-17 19:45:13

Thanks for the reply. Good tips, and hopefully the unusual cycles are nothing to worry about.

upforathird Thu 16-Feb-17 20:57:35

Hi sureitsgrand

Yes I started getting spotting before my period about 3 months before we decided to TTC for my first child. Really worried me but no problems conceiving. Took 6 months. Second child took 2 months.

Sorry for your loss flowers

sureitsgrand Thu 16-Feb-17 21:14:57

Lovely to get positive responses I was expecting people to say it wasn't a great sign! Amazing how ttc can get you so down. Hopefully will get a bfp very soon. Definitely need to have more sex to hit the right date as it's so hard to gauge. I'm loathe to start with opk for some reason.

sugarplumfairy2010 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:28:07

I had a mmc last summer and my cycle was all over the place after with spotting and cycles between 18 and 32 days. I ended up conceiving on cycle 6 with a 52 day cycle. So you still have a good chance on getting pregnant even with a messed up cycle. I found out i was pregnant a week before my due date.

Flashinthepan Thu 16-Feb-17 21:49:48

Not mmc but ectopic last may. Have had between 5 days and 2 weeks of spotting each cycle since. Only been ttc again for 2 months but seem to be ovulating and everything normal, just with strange bleeding. It's very disconcerting though, particularly as that was my only.symptom with ectopic was spotting and bleeding. Spoke to gp who said as my cycles are regular she's not concerned but I've been having acupuncture and that seems to be helping. Might be worth a go if things don't settle. Nice to hear some positive stories from people who've conceived despite spotting.

sureitsgrand Thu 16-Feb-17 22:15:55

Sorry to hear that Flash, but nice to hear of a good outcome. This thread is definitely giving me lots of hope.

sureitsgrand Thu 16-Feb-17 22:18:18

Sorry, I'm misreading some posts, but good to hear there are a few of us experiencing similar cycles, it doesn't mean it won't happen for us going by others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now