Talk

Advanced search

ovulation early???

(7 Posts)
harrypotternerd Thu 16-Feb-17 04:37:02

I have been using the CB ovulation monitor. I am on CD 10 today. I started testing as per instructions on CD 7. I had negative on CD7 and 8 and did not test yesterday and today I got a peak reading, does that mean ovulation will happen in the next 12 - 24 hours? Isn't it a little early?

harrypotternerd Thu 16-Feb-17 04:52:19

I have a 25 - 26 day cycle and just did another test with the other CB monitor i had from last month and it came up with low fertility although it was done in the afternoon (im in Australia) I am so confused.

Chinnygirl Thu 16-Feb-17 04:59:16

Some people ovulate late, some early. It isn't a rule that you ovulate 14 days before your period starts. Fyi my luteal phase is 16-18 days. You should track it for a few months before you know how your body works.

Or go with the flow if you want to get pregnant. That messes your body up anyhow.

Chinnygirl Thu 16-Feb-17 05:01:11

It actually doesn't sound that early. If you ovulate on day ten and have a period two weeks later at day 25 then it sounds like your luteal phase is pretty normal at 15 days.

harrypotternerd Thu 16-Feb-17 05:16:59

thank you! it's just so confusing with contradicting advice. I have the symptoms of ovulation (sore breasts, a few cramps yesterday) but CM was not EW (sorry for tmi) and I didnt get high before getting the peak then tested again this afternoon and it was low so have no idea lol

Chinnygirl Thu 16-Feb-17 05:25:40

I've never recognised EW and I have been pregnant a couple of times (no children though). Don't worry about it too much. Everybody (every body) is different imo.

Chinnygirl Thu 16-Feb-17 05:26:29

You can have extra sex just in case if it is to get pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now