Talk

Advanced search

norethisterone to regulate periods! Anyone had this?

(17 Posts)
Alicejj8x Wed 15-Feb-17 12:06:47

Hello! I have irregular periods every 3 months
I have had bloods taken and a ultrasound & everything has come back fine.
I went to see the doctor on Tuesday and he gave me norethisterone
5ml - one tablet 3 times a day.
He said this should help regulate my periods but I just want to see if anyone has had any luck wit this tablet or any stories at all?

AmyB1986 Sat 18-Feb-17 23:17:55

Hi Alicejj8x

I was given this pill at the same dose for excessive bleeding (12 weeks of bleeding) and had a pelvic tv scan to check everything which came back normal.

After stopping the pill I had the most horrendous period ever. I can't even describe what came out of me but it pretty much stripped the lining of my womb in one go.

Last week on Sunday I found out I was pregnant the cycle after I'd taken that pill to stop my weird never ending period so yes it does work to regulate everything.

Sometimes I felt my body had no clue what it was doing

GrumpySausage Sat 18-Feb-17 23:27:53

I was prescribed this as I suffered with terrible period pains from the age of 15- passing out/ being sick etc. I only had to take it when I was suffering, not each period.

It worked for me, often took the pain and worse cramps away but it didn't seem to reduce the flow or change my cycle.

I did find I got terrible heartburn with it though confused

Alicejj8x Sun 19-Feb-17 09:29:39

Hello Thankyou for both your replies.
It's good to know it can work I guess or atleast be able to sort and calm thing down for you both.
ahh congrats on your pregnancy! smile that fills me with hope that after I stop taking these my period should come back ( not to sure if I have much hope in them kick starting my cycle again with jjst one dose but we're see )
I'll keep you both posted ;) xx

Alicejj8x Sun 19-Feb-17 09:31:05

Amy-
Just thought I know it must of been horrendous of what came out after stopping this pill but maybe you needed that lining to come away to like almost restart your body? X

AmyB1986 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:37:46

I think you're right Alice. I had an mc a year to the day I found out I was pregnant again and since the mc my cycles were all over the place. From 24 days to 35. As far as I could tell I was ovulating during the cycles but there was no way of telling. I tried temping but that didn't work for me.

I read a lot about those pill when I got them on the internet. Everywhere I could see, the women taking them said they had worked to kick start things again. Fingers crossed they work for you. I think for me it reminding my body what it was supposed to be doing

Alicejj8x Sun 19-Feb-17 13:50:51

Ahhh did you sorry to hear about your loss i to had a mc last April. ( I think that's what has messed up my cycles tbh)
Oh really! My cycles have been like over 100 days long sad
It's so hard with ovulation isn't it! J have them sticks but I don't think there good tbh lol!
Ohh didn't it? I don't really, I get the whole temping thing if I'm honest lol

Yeah I have googled the tablet a lot also ahah! But haven't really got any good threads of it working or anything really lol!
I really do hope it helps as it's worked for you I really hope that it'll kick start them back. And I jjst wonder how long my period will take to come after stopping this tablet which will be next Thursday
But I shall keep you updated x

AmyB1986 Sun 19-Feb-17 15:15:04

Normally the bleeding starts 2-3 days after stopping the tablet. Mine started two days after.

The ovulation stick work for me it's just figuring out if the lines are the same or not as I never really got a mega positive one. As for the temping it didn't work for me as my temp rise happened before I even I got a positive opk which would come usually the day after the temp rise which is weird!

Hoping things regulate themselves for you

Alicejj8x Sun 19-Feb-17 15:46:30

Yeah I have a lot of the sticks but like you say it's hard to work out a positive if it really is a positive and that lol!!
Everyone has said about the clear blue dual ovulation one.. I jjst have the cheapies from Amazon .. which sticks do you have?..

Yeahh I have heard that can happen with temping and you have to do it as soon as you wake up in the morning straight away

Thankyou! I hope so to. Fingers crossed next Saturday I'll see AF

AmyB1986 Sun 19-Feb-17 17:10:22

I used both for a while. The clear blue ones are easier to read to be honest.

Alicejj8x Sun 19-Feb-17 17:26:32

Ahh okay I might look into these xx

Emilyxeliza Tue 21-Feb-17 12:57:34

Hi,

I had Norethisterone to induce a period after having some artificial menopause treatment--crappy horrible drug-- for Endo. Like you, I took it 3x day for 10 days. My bleed didn't show up for ten days after taking the last pill. I have taken clomid to ovulate (even though I did ovulate naturally before the drugs) and I'm temping and using OPK's from today onwards.

Hope your cycles get sorted flowers

Alicejj8x Tue 21-Feb-17 13:35:45

Ahhh did you!!
So it worked for you but took a while for af to show?
Ahhh he didn't give me any ovulation medicine maybe where I had my bloods and my lh level came back fine he didn't need to? I hope I'm ovulating anyway!
It's so hard isn't it.
I hope you get your bfp soon!!! Xxxx

Alicejj8x Mon 27-Feb-17 07:00:49

Finally after stopping the tablet Thursday AF has arrived today!!! X

AmyB1986 Mon 27-Feb-17 07:59:21

Brilliant news Alice! Fingers crossed that's enough to regulate everything for you now 😊

HoldTightPretendItsAPlan Mon 27-Feb-17 08:19:05

I was in the same position as you this time last year. Àfter the first it still took my cycle a little while to calm down but now it's bang on 29 days every time.

Alicejj8x Mon 27-Feb-17 09:46:44

I really hope so!!
Ahh that's really good to hear that it worked for you even if it took a while for your cycle to calm down. Really pleased. I'll keep you all updated im sure smile xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now