Talk

Advanced search

TTC 1 Am I being too hopeful??

(7 Posts)
Sharl2017 Wed 15-Feb-17 07:17:26

Hi MN, I've been trying to conceive since December but my periods are all over the place at the minute. I had a few signs of being pregnant over the past couple of weeks but with my periods being all over I know it could be signs of AF too. On Saturday I had horrendous period pains, felt sick, shaking, burning up and was bleeding heavily. It passed in a couple of hours but was strange and still sore the next day. (Bleeding didn't continue)
Last night I decided to do a pregnancy test. It is faint, but is this a BFP? Or am I getting my hopes up as DH doesn't want to get too excited so wont believe it until we retest again in a few days.

Nicnak2223 Wed 15-Feb-17 07:19:12

I'd say congratulations are in order.

Nicnak2223 Wed 15-Feb-17 07:20:49

Oh had missed the but about bleeding heavily, maybe test again in a few days. That's looks positive to me.

Sharl2017 Wed 15-Feb-17 07:30:21

Thank you nicnak I'm going to get a digi one today and see what happens. It's the bleeding that's worried me.

KatLovesCats Wed 15-Feb-17 09:14:12

That's definitely positive, but the bleeding would worry me. I'd wait a week, test again, if it's still positive maybe ask to be referee to the EPU for a scan to see if everything's ok? But hopefully congratulations! Our DS was also conceived quickly and it felt too optimistic but there you go smile

Sharl2017 Wed 15-Feb-17 11:10:26

Ahh I'm so pleased it's not just me thank you Kat I'm going to do another test today or tomorrow (because im too eager) and if that's positive go to the doctors and see what they suggest or think regarding bleeding. Im trying to be realistic because of the bleeding but it's hard lol.

KatLovesCats Wed 15-Feb-17 13:57:50

I know a few people who've had bleeding on and off through their whole pregnancies and ended up with healthy DCs - it's worrying but can be OK. Can only wait and see smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now