Talk

Advanced search

REALLY low HCG level

(24 Posts)
confusedinlimbo Tue 14-Feb-17 17:08:03

I thought I was about 5 weeks, I've done two FRER tests and a few cheapies, all positive (if a little faint).

I had to go to the hospital yesterday morning and they did bloods which I've just got the results for......hcg level of just 23!

Now I know this is really low, but just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar? I've got to go back tomorrow morning for more bloods to see if the levels go up/down.

Does anyone know the sensitivity of the FRER tests as I had a positive this morning that was deffo there (clutching at straws that the levels might have gone up....)

I'm praying for an increase....but seeing how low they are i have a horrible feeling that they might have already been dropping and that it's already over before it's even begun sad

Newtoday Tue 14-Feb-17 18:12:30

Sorry to hear that. What did they advise you?

Are you certain when your ovulated?

WelshMammy123 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:18:13

Hi,

From what I understand the level of hcg doesn't matter but what's important is whether it doubles every 48 hours? Did they say they'd repeat your bloods in a few days time?

I've never had bloods for pregnancy so my information might be wrong but I was fairly certain that was how it worked xx

WelshMammy123 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:18:52

Ah I've just re-read and seen you're going back tomorrow. Try not to worry - hopefully the will have doubled for you xx

Rockandrollwithit Tue 14-Feb-17 18:19:59

Hope everything goes OK tomorrow flowers

confusedinlimbo Tue 14-Feb-17 18:23:16

Thanks everyone.

I didn't really know what to ask on the phone and so she literally just told me the results and said although it does mean a positive the levels were very very low.
I'd originally gone in for cramps and bleeding so I'm preparing myself for bad news.

Back in tomorrow morning before work and the lady on the phone did say that they'd call me as soon as they got them back tomorrow so at least I won't be kept waiting too long.

confusedinlimbo Tue 14-Feb-17 18:25:21

Newtoday pretty sure I ovulated 25th/26th Jan so would've been 18/19dpo when bloods were done yesterday x

IfUPlease Tue 14-Feb-17 18:26:47

Afraid I don't have a good experience - my levels were 79 at what should've been 5 weeks and the pregnancy turned out to be "chemical" (hate that word)

I got pregnant a month later and my levels were well over 1000 at the same point and that pregnancy was successful.

HOWEVER - you could just be earlier than you think. I knew my dates were bang-on, but if you're not sure, it's worth remembering that tests are reaaally sensitive these days and that all could be well. Fingers crossed for you.

Crazyvaperlady Tue 14-Feb-17 18:27:20

confused don't have any real practical advice but please don't stress (easier said than done I know). Keep us updated hugs

confusedinlimbo Tue 14-Feb-17 19:06:25

Thanks all, appreciate taking the time to comment, makes me feel less alone (OH is good but don't think he quite understands).

Not feeling optimistic, but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

I'll update once I've heard back after bloods tomorrow either way xxx

Newtoday Wed 15-Feb-17 01:48:48

m.huggies.com.au/pregnancy/early-stages/symptoms/hcg-levelsZ

Could be a useful guide? Good luck tomorrow!

Newtoday Wed 15-Feb-17 01:50:44

Another guide! www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/hcg-levels.aspx

confusedinlimbo Wed 15-Feb-17 10:52:15

Thanks New, blood test done so hopefully will have a more definitive answer later today.

Newtoday Wed 15-Feb-17 12:48:52

Good luck

confusedinlimbo Wed 15-Feb-17 17:17:01

Thought i would update...levels have gone from 23 to 25....so now I'm even more confused!

I have to go back for more bloods on Friday.

These are not viable levels so I am completely perplexed. The dr on the phone was also confused.
I'm not expecting a miracle turnaround, I kind of just like to know when this will end.

I don't mean to sound heartless as I would love for this story to end well, but at these levels it's not possible and I just kind of want to move on if that makes any sense?

Newtoday Wed 15-Feb-17 19:56:44

Thank you for the update. Who knows that the outcome on Friday will be. Take extra good care of yourself in the meantime.

confusedinlimbo Tue 21-Feb-17 18:19:19

Thought I'd update.
Had a scan today, ectopic pregnancy.
Consultant has advised to wait and see and it should end naturally otherwise I'll need a methotrexate injection on Monday.

Really want to avoid that as you shouldn't conceive for 3 months after and I know I want to carry on trying as soon as I can.

Newtoday Tue 21-Feb-17 19:33:56

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and I hope it goes as well as can be expected.

MummyOf1Boy Tue 21-Feb-17 20:02:50

So sorry to hear that. Although its not what you want I hope it ends naturally for you so you can start TTC again soon xxx

confusedinlimbo Tue 21-Feb-17 21:43:06

Thank you both.
I've been freaking myself out looking at fertility after ectopic....but I've given myself a proverbial shake and just taking it one step at a time.

Archie2011 Wed 12-Jul-17 21:44:18

Hi ladies, I'm so confused I have been ttc for 3 years, have PCOS!! found out I was pregnant 10 days ago. Due to irregular periods in somewhere between 3-6 weeks!! Dr send me from bloods and they can back at (dr thought) 4weeks 6 day 52ml and 5weeks 122ml. Dr called me in today and said it's possible Ectopic and have booked a scan tomorrow morning, still having pregnancy symptoms and positive tests I'm so confused 😳

Loosemoose28 Wed 12-Jul-17 22:27:44

You will still het positive tests. And possibly feel pregnant.

Hopefully scan concludes things for you tomorrow. Keep us updated. Does look like bloods have doubled so hopefully just super early x

Hedgehog80 Wed 12-Jul-17 22:29:29

Mine were 19 at 4w4d.... 72 at 48 hours later and all was fine. With my other pregnancies they were really high so it was a little odd but shows there can be a huge variation

Archie2011 Wed 12-Jul-17 23:03:45

Thanks guys, will keep you updated xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now